RAM / FIAT Settlement truck buy back...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i took my truck in to the dealer about a month ago.it was feeling like it was in 4wd when i turned sharply.turns out both u joints were seized,ball joint gone, 2 hubs,2 outer tie rods,and alighnment,all under my extended warranty.if they're willing to replace my front end again instead of me losing depreciation on a buy back i'm ok with that.i still love my ram.

jforse

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 QC 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I looked it up by VIN. It's a loaded Laramie. Wonder if I should try to take the buy out vs. keeping the truck and its probable lousy open market resale. It only has 45k on it and it comes in around 28k on kbb for a private party deal in "good" condition.

Does anyone know how they will determine what they'll buy it back for?

I have never been to a bank that uses KBB. They all use NADA for value. Your truck is worth more on NADA.

quote from the great intranetweb

"NADA is a recognized and legitimate Apprasail Guide complied based on actual reported sales figures which are corrected for region and updated every month. They are trusted and accepted by the banking, insurance, and automotive industry. Kelly Blue Book is run by a marketing firm and uses dealer surveys, not actual sales data to guess at car values. Their prices will always favor the dealership.

Bottom line, neither are perfect, but Kelley will always rip off the consumer, while NADA is considered the best pricing guide available."

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well the news article said that they couldn't come to a solution so they are having to buy them back

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow. Some of you guys will be severely disappointed. They will send you a letter in the mail. It's 200,000 some odd 1500's that are being recalled. Dodge sells twice that in a year. Not everyone will be getting "FREE TRUCKS OMG!!!!". You will also have the option to fix them. Dodge will also have the option to fix them and resale them. I highly doubt they will have info info yet on specific VIN numbers. This just came out. Not to sound like a ****, but some of you are getting way too excited...

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow. Some of you guys will be severely disappointed. They will send you a letter in the mail. It's 200,000 some odd 1500's that are being recalled. Dodge sells twice that in a year. Not everyone will be getting "FREE TRUCKS OMG!!!!". You will also have the option to fix them. Dodge will also have the option to fix them and resale them. I highly doubt they will have info info yet on specific VIN numbers. This just came out. Not to sound like a ****, but some of you are getting way too excited...

LOL. Thread title needs to be changed to "The Fappening 2015"

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I guess this explains the letter i got a couple weeks ago. I guess its time to go truck shopping.

No these are just marketing crap not specificity tied to recall.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine

Hey, we can all DREAM can't we.

Stop being a negative Nancy!!!!!!!!!!! hahahah

It would be hard to give up my truck.. I really love my color and not many like it.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I always said I was planning to drive my Ram until the wheels fell off. I did not know it would actually happen.

G17907

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I talked to Ram Rep today they do indeed know what trucks will be sent to "special tracking team" try their online chat I was gonna attach screen shot of customer chat but it's got my vin and personal info lol
I have a fully loaded 2011 Sport and it's in the investigation. I was told they would be in contact. Rep referenced Rear Pinion recall but I doubt the buy back is for that.
Only issue I have with my truck is rear camera is a POS and is intermittent. And Trailer Brake is whacked(I unplugged it).
Aaand when I hit bumps while turning my steering get squirrelly as hell (I suspect this is the problem warranting buy back) but I Digress.
First post hope it helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
What got me was here.

The cash outlay could be substantial. According to Kelly Blue Book, a 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 - one of the smaller, less-expensive trucks involved in the recalls - could fetch $20,000 in a dealer trade-in, assuming the truck has 60,000 miles on it and is in "good" condition. At that rate, if Chrysler had to buy back even a quarter of the trucks at issue, it could spend $2.5 billion.

Fiat Chrysler Must Buy Back Hundreds of Thousands of Ram Pickups - NBC News

So you're only getting trade in value? Doesn't this start to sound a little more like, come in and get a new car campaign? And why would you only get trade in? Didn't you pay more than that for it? If you sold it today, wouldn't you get more than that as well?

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A hush falls over the crowd,,,

(Sound bite of balloon deflating)

rrregnier

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Sport QC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just chatted with a lady on RamTrucks.com and she verified that if you're truck is not part of a pending/unfinished Recall, you are not part of this mass "buy-back," program.

Fortunately I was not as I really enjoy my truck, but for those of you checking and not seeing your VIN listed under any recalls and hoping for a buy-back; you're SOL.

Ram Trucks - Contact Us

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Aaand when I hit bumps while turning my steering get squirrelly as hell (I suspect this is the problem warranting buy back) but I Digress.
First post hope it helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never had this problem until they replaced my rack for a leak under warranty now if I hit a bump with front end it is like I have no control. It is kind of scary with some bumps around corners. I thought it was my shocks or struts.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I just looked mine up. Only showing the pinion nut that was already completed. So I'm clear from this mess? Anyone's VIN showing these new issues yet?