Rebel trx concept

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice it has a Viper steering wheel! Anyone know what the switches go to?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
That's very interesting that it is on the ram trucks website. If the truck is priced at 60-70 i would actually seriously think about selling my truck and getting one of those. That **** is awesome. If its up towards 80 ill pass just more then i would want to spend...id rather keep my truck and get a used viper

farmerbyron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
That's very interesting that it is on the ram trucks website. If the truck is priced at 60-70 i would actually seriously think about selling my truck and getting one of those. That **** is awesome. If its up towards 80 ill pass just more then i would want to spend...id rather keep my truck and get a used viper

They've got a golden goose opportunity here. Unfortunately I have no faith that FCA will do this up right. I fear this will be extremely limited production and priced to the moon. Then you'll have the dealers tacking on $30k market adjustments on them. So instead of creating buzz to help sell your truck line up, these will be rarely seen unicorns reserved for the very few with zero impact on the image of the Ram lineup.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Then you'll have the dealers tacking on $30k market adjustments on them. ...

....these will be rarely seen unicorns.

Yup and yup.

To this day I've still never seen a Ram runner or Minotaur out on the road.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Paddle shifters and all!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Nah, not a fan of the paddle shift part. Not too keen on it with the charger.... i like the console shifter

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also has a rear locker. About damn time. Now make that an option on other trucks.

Jeff CA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Would've been interesting if FCA engineers had instead dropped the same engine into a RCSB lowered 2wd with big meats, a la the defunct Lightning. They'd be by themselves in the market, rather than having to compete and share the market, like they'll have to, with this truck.

farmerbyron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
So, since this is being called a "concept", I'm sitting here pondering what would be cut/altered to make a production model more economically viable. I'm thinking loose the dual spare and roll bars. Use regular seatbelts and door handles instead of the harnesses and straps for handles. Probably have to downsize the 37s due to cost and mileage concerns. Hope they don't cut the rocker panels with exhaust because they are awesome and the sound provided is half the appeal of the truck. They could probably produce the same or similar power with a 6.4L engine if it were cheaper than the HC engine but they may have enough HC engines to go around by now.

They really have to keep the MSRP in the Raptor ballpark. Given how many similarities there are between the regular Ram and this one I would think they could produce and sell them in the $65k range. IDK, what's a normal limited or Laramie longhorn go for now? $55-60k? Meh, they are selling the hell out of Hellcat Challengers for $60k, why couldn't they get close on the truck? Heck, it'd be worth it just to dethrone the Raptor if nothing else. Would help the brands image.

I think they are going to get enough buzz they have to produce this thing. Guess we will see what that means here in a couple years.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Would've been interesting if FCA engineers had instead dropped the same engine into a RCSB lowered 2wd with big meats, a la the defunct Lightning. They'd be by themselves in the market, rather than having to compete and share the market, like they'll have to, with this truck.

Right the now the trend is big off-road trucks. You don't see dealer installed lowering kits because there isn't a market for it, a mass market anyway. This appeals to a much larger portion of the country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
blackbeautyhemi

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Absolutely in love with this concept. This needs to see production. RAM would be stupid not to put this out there. Steal some of Ford's market.

How bout it! I keep watching the damn YouTube videos and probably getting my hopes up for nothing lol

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I think i'll have to wait to upgrade my hood until they start producing a knockoff of this one. So sweet.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If they change too much for a production version I feel like it will loose a lot of its appeal. Right now it's actually a functional desert runner.

Take away those 37s it won't look right. They'll have to change the fenders to make it look right.

Sure it could do without the spare 37s light bar, harnesses but that's all part of the package imo.

Maybe they should make those options on it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mauzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
exactly, i could see them making a version a lot closer to the look of the rebel. Its just too aggressive for FCA. IMO if they did make it that aggressive it would blow the raptor away in sales.

As for the power id say they would reduce it for longevity for towing and such. They have to cover there ass somehow, im sure the 707hp version would do fine but not good enough for them.

Yeah it will be a cold day in hell when dodge offers a production vehicle with King shocks and a Dynatrac rear axle. Although I have to admit in dream land a full floating prorock 80 with an ARB locker would be worth every penny.

I think a truck like the Rebel TRX will be too expensive for people. My Laramie 4x4 was expensive enough. Trucks have truly become the new luxury vehicle because after the sticker price, gas and insurance they are very expensive to own. Can you imagine the dealer mark up on the rebel TRX?!

I feel the 6.4L would be an awesome engine choice in our 1500's. A 6.4 geared and tuned in such a way that it was like a blend of the SRT 6.4 and the 2500 6.4. You guys know what I mean? A some what hot rod feel but can still tow a light duty travel travel/ boat.

I think a market for that is larger and probably more affordable. Count me in.

On a side note, the lucky ******* that gets to design and test the TRX.....I want his job!!!

This was my exact thought. I get to design it in my head he gets to make decisions about whether or not he wants to add compression or droop travel.

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Ram just needs to actually make it happen and stop playing games.

I like the idea, but the side-exit "rock guard" lake-pipes gotta go and allow for real sliders IMHO, unless it's an actually usable thickness of steel that jackets the exhaust piping with an air gap so you aren't sliding your legs past an oven as you get out.

Last edited:

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
quite a buzz around the truck on instagram. Mostly people saying FCA will never make it a production vehicle and that ford has nothing to worry about hahahah

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^That. Controls ride height, etc.

This thing doesn't have air suspension like the normal rebel. It's on king coilovers in the front and cool springs in rear. I'm assuming this goes along the same lines as the grand cherokees with terrain selection. I think it adjusts the 4wd system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
This is such a win for Ram and as others have said they would be idiots not to build this. All they would need to do is tweak a few things and it's ready to hit the production lines. FCA always does put out good concepts and this is one of the best yet. Just the sound of that Hellcat Hemi side dumped exhaust is one of the sweetest things I've ever heard. The sound of that cat coming would just scare the Raptor away lol. Who thought a Hellcat motor could sound any meaner... Love all the little details they threw into this concept too. And functionality of intakes, heat extractors, lights, etc. Great job all around. BUILD IT. People love this thing.