Tagged a moose :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I feel your pain, been there, done that. In Alaska, it's almost "when" not "if" you'll hit a moose.

On the bright side, it looks like you must've gotten her pretty well shut down before you hit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Paluby

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I feel your pain, been there, done that. In Alaska, it's almost "when" not "if" you'll hit a moose.

On the bright side, it looks like you must've gotten her pretty well shut down before you hit

Yeah totally agree. Last sled ride just on the drive up alone counted 13 moose. Once big snow comes they want out of the ditch and on the road.

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
Glad to hear everyone ok. Hope the damage repairs aren't too bad. I'm in the 5th Ave dealer in Anchorage & know a guy at the Wasilla shop too if you need anything done that body shop can't do.

OP
OP
Paluby

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Glad to hear everyone ok. Hope the damage repairs aren't too bad. I'm in the 5th Ave dealer in Anchorage & know a guy at the Wasilla shop too if you need anything done that body shop can't do.

Okay thank you

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Is that moose **** all over the driver side?

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Is that moose **** all over the driver side?

Stage 1 moose poop.

Stage 2 as it usually exists in nature:
0333c0fb0bc0a68dcc1367b98efdd081.jpg

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I was stationed at Ft Richardson from 02-07 I lived in Palmer and driving past the Palmer hay flats during the dark winter months at O-dark-30 on my way to base could be a scary deal. Saw many moose. Some alive, some dead after being hit (and the vehicles that hit them), and some that were in the process of being put down by troopers after being hit. Should've been on the roadkill list but never got around to signing up. I did love AK and wouldn't mind living up there again some day.

Last edited:

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I'm impressed you blew the ass out of a moose and your truck still looks as good as it does.

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow! Glad you both are OK. Great color, guess the moose just didn't see it.

Maxpowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I hit a yearling moose in 98 12 valve I ton reg cab with a welding deck on it. The inside of cab and me were covered in fur and SHlT and this truck had a 4" lift and 33"s. I blew the engine cause the throttle Linkage to injector pump was smashed wide open and for some reason the key wouldn't shut it down. The rest of truck was totally fkuced. Your lucky u came out alive!!

OP
OP
Paluby

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I hit a yearling moose in 98 12 valve I ton reg cab with a welding deck on it. The inside of cab and me were covered in fur and SHlT and this truck had a 4" lift and 33"s. I blew the engine cause the throttle Linkage to injector pump was smashed wide open and for some reason the key wouldn't shut it down. The rest of truck was totally fkuced. Your lucky u came out alive!!

Holy crap!! That's insane.
Yeah given that it's a heavy animal and trucks are mostly plastic and pretend metal I'd say the truck faired well haha. It's been almost a week since it got taken to the auto shop and still no word on an estimate. In past experiences with them I get the estimate within an hour. Has me worried. Going to call them today.

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
Holy crap!! That's insane.
Yeah given that it's a heavy animal and trucks are mostly plastic and pretend metal I'd say the truck faired well haha. It's been almost a week since it got taken to the auto shop and still no word on an estimate. In past experiences with them I get the estimate within an hour. Has me worried. Going to call them today.

Glad everyone is alright!

I hit a deer at 60 once, did $3000 in damage to my '06 2500 I had at the time. That was still drivable although I couldn't open the hood. I couldn't imagine hitting a moose!

+3 on the Ranch Hand bumper idea. I have one on my '11 and fret about nothing :happy107: