Is there a better way to search for a new truck???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm currently searching for a 2017 1500, QC, 3.6, 4x4, Lone Star or Big Horn. It also has to be white or gray. This seems to be a fairly hard truck to find.

I'm currently using the "Search New Inventory" feature on ramtrucks.com, but it only allows me to search a 200 mile radius. I've basically tried every major zip code in TX, and can't seem to find this truck. Besides entering every major city zip code, from every state, is there a way to search the entire nation?

This is what I'm currently using:

https://www.ramtrucks.com/en/lineup/?app=sni

zflat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You seem to be very specific and know what you want. Have you considered having a truck built? Contact a large volume dealer, like Dennis Dillon, and have them give you a quote. Then either fly out and pick it up, or use it as a starting point for negotiating with nearby dealers.

I've noticed in my area (southeast) most of the Pentastars can really only be found in Tradesman, mostly as fleet trucks.

Another option if you don't want to have one built, or can't wait, is to go to a dealer and tell them exactly what you want and they should be able to find it. The only issue is you're going to have to stand your ground because they will try everything they can to get you into a different truck if they can't find it.

Good luck!

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I go to my Dealer and have him do a search, and if nothing is available, I order it. Just did this last month when I was looking for a Sport Night.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Another vote for ordering it if its not available. We have ordered our last 4 dodge/ram vehicles. If you have specific wants why compromise? Rarely does anyone NEED to have a new car TODAY, they WANT a new car TODAY. It takes about a month or so to come in.

karltonp81

Reaction score
Ram Year
dont have one yet
Engine
Autolist or carfax app . You'll find one .

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
L

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay, a question on ordering. Would I still get the same discounts/rebates as a truck sitting on a lot? The truck I'm looking for has an MSRP of around 41K to 44K. The dealers around me are offering around 13K to 14K off in that price range.

Would I be able to swing that discount if I ordered?

zflat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If they want to sell a truck you will. USUALLY the rebates you qualify for are the rebates you qualify for. It's all a numbers game and selling a new vehicle is selling a new vehicle.

If they want to upcharge you for ordering walk away and find a new dealer.

PS: if you're set on a Pentastar, whatever you do don't test drive a Hemi! ;)

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes you can. That is what I did. If your dealer will not honor the discount price with an order, go to another dealer. And if there are better rebates you will get them instead.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Okay, a question on ordering. Would I still get the same discounts/rebates as a truck sitting on a lot? The truck I'm looking for has an MSRP of around 41K to 44K. The dealers around me are offering around 13K to 14K off in that price range.

Would I be able to swing that discount if I ordered?

Depends on the year of the truck. My dealer is offering 20% off all leftover 2016s but not on 17s. You would get whatever discount is offered on the 17s and when the truck comes in if discounts are different from order date you'll get whichever are better. You may be running out of to order a 17 too.

hemipower95 2.0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I really like Cargurus because it will tell you how long a vehicle has been sitting on a lot. Dealers want to turn over, not leave units sitting.

I use that website too, they still call me 15 months later when I didn't buy from them to see if I want to trade in for a new truck.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Pretty sure Rebates only apply at time of signing not ordering. Not saying you cannot still get a good deal but factory rebates only apply at signing.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Pretty sure Rebates only apply at time of signing not ordering. Not saying you cannot still get a good deal but factory rebates only apply at signing.

My dealer told me I would get no less than what is offered at the time of order but that if the incentives are better at time of signing I would get whichever are better. Was told this both times I bought from this dealer.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I only go used... I found my ram looking through local dealers inventory. It was not on Autotrader or Cars. Just keep shopping my friend. Do not settle unless its what you want

Expressly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I may be wrong. But I'm pretty sure that the v6 is only offered in the crew cab. I have never seen a v6 QC. They could just be rare.

zflat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I may be wrong. But I'm pretty sure that the v6 is only offered in the crew cab. I have never seen a v6 QC. They could just be rare.

They're offered, a lot of companies in my area use Tradesman quad cabs with Pentastars as their fleet trucks. That's why OP will probably be better off ordering, they're hard to find in other trims.

OP, I looked in my area last night out of sheer boredom and saw plenty of trucks that met part of your criteria, but not all. Closest I got was everything you asked for minus 4wd, but it was a leftover 2016.

cubmedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How far are you willing to go to get one? We have a Blue and Gray Big Horn in Danville Virginia.

OP
OP
L

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How far are you willing to go to get one? We have a Blue and Gray Big Horn in Danville Virginia.

Thanks for the help. I just looked on Blackwell's website. The blue and gray are both CC. I need it to be a QC.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
2017 RAM 1500
Clay Cooley Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
$30,616
(877) 270-0409
http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/1b3ccbc1

Here's one in Irving. What part of Texas are you looking?

I'm finding several. I use auto trader you can filter by make, model, engine, drive line, trim, color ect you can even type a key word like anti spin or 8.4 for the stereo. And does a pretty decent job sorting.

Last edited: