Tow Mirrors "Duh" Moment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
*FLAME AWAY* :favorites13:

Had the truck almost 2 years now, just found out while blowing the passenger mirror clean of spiders that the smaller outer mirror moves if you actually put a little pressure on it.

Wish I'd known that this past week, would've prevented me from backing into something. I tried to move them when it was new, but because I felt resistance stopped out of fear of breaking them. All it took was having hosed the mirrors to break the spider webs loose (and apparently lube the mechanism) and accidentally bumping it with the air nozzle.

Now I have the main mirrors perfectly placed and can switch back and forth to the outer mirrors to use as usable tow-peek-mirrors.

I'd copy this to the Hidden Feature Thread but can't find it right now via "Search".

latest?cb=20140323152804.jpg

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have always wanted to get tow mirrors but never did because I didn't think you could move that. lol
I was always too afraid it would break it

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Haha yep they move! Another thing I found out is the mirrors will actually fold toward the grill as well as into the windows. Found that out when I was backing into the shop and got a little too close to the wall! Lol

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha yep they move! Another thing I found out is the mirrors will actually fold toward the grill as well as into the windows. Found that out when I was backing into the shop and got a little too close to the wall! Lol

I also found this out recently when using an unfamiliar automatic wash that decided to spray the mirror open then the arm caught it and pulled it forward. i was relieved seeing it didn't break lmao