TPMS issue - Tech advice please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Netman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Long story...

2010 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4

Replaced my rubber on the factory rims. Original factory TPMS sensors.

Drove for a day or so and the left rear sensor as shown in the EVIC went offline (dashes).

Ordered a set of sensors off ebay - factory sensors in Canada are criminal.

Replaced the left rear sensor.

During the ride home, with the OEM sensor in my pocket, the right front wheel in the EVIC was flashing "0" with low pressure warning. Found that odd, but thought nothing of it. Put the old OEM sensor in my toolbox and drove for the rest of the week - still no reading on the left rear. Front right appeared to correct itself.

Compared numbers from the OEM sensor to the rest of the ebay-purchased sensors and saw no difference - they appear to be identical - even the part number on the edge.

Took it back to the tire shop and they were able to read the left rear sensor with their scan tool, but said that aftermarket sensors sometimes don't work right with our computers.

Bought a new OEM sensor from the Dealer and had it installed today. Still having trouble walking upright after the reaming....

While driving to work, again, the right front wheel in the EVIC was flashing "0" and the left rear was still dashes.

Beginning to think that the ebay sensors work fine, but the EVIC and TPMS system has no clue what position the tires are in and I changed out a perfectly fine sensor.

I thought these trucks relearned position on the fly??

If a Dodge/Chrysler Tech could school me with what to do, I would appreciate it.

Is it possible there is a bad antenna somewhere, or would that set a different code?

Not sure what I should be doing, but I'm almost certain the TPMS system is not relearning the wheel position and am clueless as to why. This would also help me figure out exactly what wheel the bad sensor is in. Suppose I should have had the tire shop read each wheel - may have been the smart thing to do!

Thanks in advance.

SND2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Just bought my 2010 Ram. The LR sensor TPMS sensor reads "0" and the RR reads "-". I will need new tires soon so I ordered a full set of 4 (433 Mhz) TPMS sensors from EBay (ships from China) for $34. The dealer wanted like $80 each. I too need schooling on how the truck will locate/read the new sensors. I can have the tire shop replace the new sensors when they mount the tires. Does anyone have a tutorial on this process?

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Install then drive it. That is it. Really.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
I had this issue with my 11 and new wheels with aftermarket sensors.

Solved it by buying 4 new Mopar sensors from the dealer at 62.50 each.

Replaced all 4, truck read the sensors in less than a mile.

Been over a year no problems.

The 433 mhz are sensitive and the rf module does not appear to like anything but traditional Mopar.

They changed in mid 13 to 315 mhz and they are kinder

There is a way to manually load the tpms sensor serial number in the evic.

I did this with aftermarket sensors before replacement with alfaobd.

It worked but I still lost signal crossing railroad tracks.

OEM sensors solved all problems

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a full set of four Mopar sensors from Rock Auto as my '09 didn't some with any at all. had them installed on the new rims and tires, and haven't had a problem since.

TC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have 86000 miles on original sensors...seems like the only time they don't work and send a service signal is when I get on the toll road. Must not like the toll road transmitters.