TPMS, keyless entry issues - 2010 Ram Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schlitz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So about two years ago one of my TPMS sensors started reading intermittently, then shortly after that another one went to dashes all the time. Got new tires last September, installed four brand new OEM wheel sensors, but the issue persisted. My guy tried to reprogram them but they refused to connect. So, I went ahead and replaced the TPMS module with a brand new OEM unit, went to dealer to have it programmed to my vehicle and was told it would take a bit for the sensors to start reading again (I do understand that you need to drive for a bit above a certain speed to get the sensors reading again as I've gone through that process many times). That same afternoon one sensor started reading for a little bit so I was hopeful it was fixed, but soon after they all went to dashes and have been that way ever since. Somewhere along the line I also noticed that my key fob was having issues. I need to be within a few feet of the truck for it to work at all, and I have to hold the button for a good two seconds. Tried new batteries in both of my fobs but no change. After some reading, I see that he TPMS and keyless entry are usually controlled by the same module and may even use the same antenna to receive signal. What's not clear is does my 2010 have the RF hub behind the rear seat? Or does my 2010 just use the WIN module for both the keyless entry and TPMS? Could the antenna be faulty? Is there even a separate antenna? I'm just not sure what to check next, but I'd really like to finally get this sorted. I'm tired of having to use the back button to clear the dash screen every single time I start my truck and I'm afraid some day I'm just not going to be able to lock/unlock my truck, or even worse, not be able to start it. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what I should check next? 2010 Ram 1500 Sport, pig-nose fob, no remote start, no push-button start, vehicle battery is only 2 years old, no other problems to report. Thanks!

Mohamed Albana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Clean as much connections and grounds as possible. Also clean and reseat all fuses on TIPM(fuse box ) and then pull it and clean the connectors under. Dielectric grease that. Also make sure the key button has a tactile click my 2012 key it came w a soft press feel I put a Chinese key case n rubber w the original board buttons under after I cleaned it and bent all contacts for stronger connection. The oem case seals tighter and goes in ignition more naturally . Enabled unlock first press helps too but haven’t had issues Since

My truck has LP light only (wheel speed sensors) factory. Previous owner added tpms and upgraded cluster. I enabled high line TPMS on alpha obd and got ur issue but I didn’t try to have them programmed the front right and rear left were showing weird numbers then I disabled it overall.