Well just got thrown a curveball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamNoob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well,
My wife has told me that at the end of 2017 she either wants to move to Dallas or up in the salt belt. The pickle i am in is that i dont want to pay almost 5k for movers to move all of my stuff to just Dallas.

If i moved to NY I wouldn't be abke to afford movers, the price is insane almost 12k.

So, my wife told me to start looking for a New Cummins. So i can buy my own trailer 30 footer. To haul our stuff to where ever and all my toys ect.

Problem: I just bought my 2016 like 7 months ago.

I know i will lose my ass in trade. I looked at a dealership and they offered 30k for my truck for trade in which is me losing my ass.

Anyone have any idea on what i should do or when i should try and buy a 17? I want a crew cab 2500 4x4 in the lonestar edition. But they are about 60k new.

Need some guidence here. Help!!!!

OP
OP
R

RamNoob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wish she would of informed me of her plan. A little frustrating. Im trying not to complain, but i really didn't need a diesel because i only have my small motorcycle trailer nd harley that goes in it to tote around.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I'll start off by saying, you might be going through the big D and I don't mean Dallas, although Dallas would be ideal. NY is the last place I would wanna be especially since we're coming up on the 20th and even after, I don't see any way (unless you're able to work a good deal) that wouldn't do a trade not come upside down. So, my answer for this is tell her to rethink some on this or you might be (refer to first sentence).

OP
OP
R

RamNoob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll start off by saying, you might be going through the big D and I don't mean Dallas, although Dallas would be ideal. NY is the last place I would wanna be especially since we're coming up on the 20th and even after, I don't see any way (unless you're able to work a good deal) that wouldn't do a trade not come upside down. So, my answer for this is tell her to rethink some on this or you might be (refer to first sentence).

I have been telling her, wish she lubed me up first before she stuck it to me. Instead she used saw dust and sandpaper.

OP
OP
R

RamNoob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hate NY and Snow. If i moved up in the salt belt I'd have to put a snow plow on my truck. I did that to my powerstroke i had and all the plowing destroyed the truck.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
How much can you tow, what gears do you have, what is your tow rating? Why not save a fricken ton of dough and just rent a trailer and tow it up there? Get rid of heavy big **** if you need to to make it all fit. if **** is like you say with your woman, you have issues that I can't help with. Woman never respect men they can order around, I wouldn't move unless I wanted to move regardless at what some woman has decided for me.

Worst case make 2 trips.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RamNoob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How much can you tow, what gears do you have, what is your tow rating? Why not save a fricken ton of dough and just rent a trailer and tow it up there? Get rid of heavy big **** if you need to to make it all fit. if **** is like you say with your woman, you have issues that I can't help with. Woman never respect men they can order around, I wouldn't move unless I wanted to move regardless at what some woman has decided for me.

Worst case make 2 trips.

The truck has the 3.92 gears. I want to say the truck maxed out is rated for 10.5k i dont remember without checking the door. I would actually haul my own stuff but being a truck driver i wouldnt be sure when i would be home.

For the record i want to move to Dallas, its a beautiful city. She does aswell but is conflicted for whatever reason.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wish she would of informed me of her plan. A little frustrating. Im trying not to complain, but i really didn't need a diesel because i only have my small motorcycle trailer nd harley that goes in it to tote around.
Why dont you rent a giant uhaul with the trailer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

deerhunt799

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How far of a move are we talking? Where do you live now? Short enough to make multiple trips with your 1500?

deerhunt799

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Why dont you rent a giant uhaul with the trailer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

This makes the most sense. Even if you had to fly back to get your truck...better than losing a bunch on a trade.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Your a truck driver, rent a truck? I was a truck driver way back, I used the company truck to move all my chit to Santa Barbara. I sure would want to move to Dallas before NY, but I would park my ass in the burbs though. Affordable stuff in Dallas might put you in the worst spot imaginable.

OP
OP
R

RamNoob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Honestly didnt think about the whole u haul thing. I will have to look into that. I would just have to leave my truck at the airport and pay for the parking i guess.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How is a Cummins going to help? Get a light trailer and fill it up. The Cummins won't change that, you're not hauling a 25k pound trailer lol. You'll get better mileage, sure not enough to lose as much as you're about to.

Where are you moving from, we're thinking about moving to Dallas in the next couple months too, my wife isn't remanding a Cummins tho :p

OP
OP
R

RamNoob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your a truck driver, rent a truck? I was a truck driver way back, I used the company truck to move all my chit to Santa Barbara. I sure would want to move to Dallas before NY, but I would park my ass in the burbs though. Affordable stuff in Dallas might put you in the worst spot imaginable.

We where checking out the Fort worth area for houses, anyone have any areas to avoid? I actually have my own truck. But I dont have the permits required to be listed as a moving company for furniture. Its a bit of a grey area since it would be my own stuff. I would think i would have to up the isn. Costs which can get pricey.