What does the Sport offer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
you also get color matched door handles and mirrors. On the standard sport you get the chrome slat grill inserts, the r/t and night edition you get the black honeycomb like the express

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
the stock mufflers are the same across the line. The sport muffler is the same as express laramie etc...
unless it has the upgraded exhaust which I believe the "sport nights" have or it's an option.

But other then that the sport has no special exhaust muffler.

^^^^^
This....my 2016 sport came with the exact exhaust as all other rams with the dual exhaust out the rear

Sorry guys but that's just not true.
They are both 26" long but chambered differently, hence a different part number... Do some research for yourself. Google the sport part number then "forum". Click the first link and you'll read a thread on another site about people swapping the sport muffler into their express.

Part no's are below from another thread

The sport and r/t rams come with muffler 52122529AC.

Express, Laramie, Big Horn come with muffler 55398327AG.

I had a 2014 express and bought an oem muffler off of a sport and swapped onto the express. They look exactly alike on the outside. The sport/ r/t muffler is chambered different and is listed as deep exhaust note on the build sheet. I really liked the way it sounded, really quite at cruise, no drone, but roared better at WOT and cold start up.

If you search the sport part number you can actually find some pics on the other forums where they had cut open a sport muffler and you could see the difference.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Sorry guys but that's just not true.
They are both 26" long but chambered differently, hence a different part number... Do some research for yourself. Google the sport part number then "forum". Click the first link and you'll read a thread on another site about people swapping the sport muffler into their express.

Part no's are below from another thread

sorry but it is very much true. I have posted pics of the part # of the exhaust that i took off my 2016 sport and the part # was 55398327AG

it might have been an option that could be ordered one year, but it is definitely not standard on a sport.

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
it might have been an option that could be ordered one year, but it is definitely not standard on a sport.

Not sure how you jumped to those conclusions just because yours doesn't have it..but I'm not going to get into a ******* match about it.

There are two different mufflers. the sport you get may or may not have the more aggressive note muffler

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Not sure how you jumped to those conclusions just because yours doesn't have it..but I'm not going to get into a ******* match about it.

There are two different mufflers. the sport you get may or may not have the more aggressive note muffler

its not a ******* match and i didn't jump to any conclusion....your original post basically stated that sports come with the aggressive muffler after people stated it didn't. Looks to me that you jumped to the conclusion.

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Lol :baby:

Correction to my original post: There are two different mufflers. the sport you get may or may not have the more aggressive note muffler

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
I think the rebel gets a more aggressive muffler

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What you also get with a Sport 1500 is a huge bang for your buck. You can shop right and find these for at least 10K off. For $38,000-40,000 you get so much more than the competition. A Chevy Colorado loaded up pushes $44,000 and some of those only have a 4 cylinder........crazy.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What you also get with a Sport 1500 is a huge bang for your buck. You can shop right and find these for at least 10K off. For $38,000-40,000 you get so much more than the competition. A Chevy Colorado loaded up pushes $44,000 and some of those only have a 4 cylinder........crazy.

That's apples to oranges lol. A 44k Colorado would be a duramax, and that's msrp. A loaded up ram with an ecodiesel is over 50k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midnight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I was 35k Canadian for my black express it was only 5500 off as it's a reg cab, so 35k all the various smaller rebates plus trade in off the 35 and bargaining.. so I was around the 30k mark plus taxes said and done

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sports also come standard with heated mirrors. Heated seats aren't standard ( mine don't have them ) and the projector headlights, led tail lights.

Not to mention " sport " appearing in the evict when you start them.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Sports also come standard with heated mirrors. Heated seats aren't standard ( mine don't have them ) and the projector headlights, led tail lights.

The sport showing in the evic is per the bcm, but I thought the heated seats werw standard. It shows as standard on my window sticker. Not saying you are wrong just shocked

hemipower95 2.0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Heated seats are standards at least for 2015+, it's not like you can just add heated seats from the factory.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Sport comes with "Super Coolness" as a standard option.

I'm getting a bit older now, so that option was a must have.......

The DodgeFather

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Rzrman can you post a full picture of the silver truck?

hemipower95 2.0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well mines a 16. No heated seats.

I have the Ram guide in hand for the 2016 ram 1500, and heated seats(driver and passenger) and heated steering wheel are standard for the sport

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the Ram guide in hand for the 2016 ram 1500, and heated seats(driver and passenger) and heated steering wheel are standard for the sport

Dunno what to tell ya. Someone was sleeping when mine was made then. For what it's worth mines a Canadian one. Options may differ as standard here