Why are these trucks so hit or miss?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trmat79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So guys right now my job gives me a lot of down time and I've been reading a lot and it seems these trucks are super strong (haven't had any problems with mine...knock on wood) but then others seem to have zero luck. What do you guys think the reason is? Could it be all the computers or the MDS or just that the power of the Internet allows every bad story to be heard? Again I loved my first ram (even though I only had it a few months before upgrading to the power wagon on a deal I couldn't refuse). Anyway just some stirring questions for Sunday morning.

D33k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's not rams, its the Internet in general. Five years ago it became popular to post everything you do/did on the Internet. 10 years ago there were no how tos no online guides, No pictures of every mod you want to do with the correct color everything. If you look up any car forum (literally any) you will find 100 threads of people blowing motors or problems etc. no one is going to start 100 threads saying oh my car is running great thanks for reading. It's just the nature of the time. I've had two rams and a Dakota and was/ am extremely happy with all of them.

OP
OP
trmat79

trmat79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah that's what I figured. For the record my truck is running great for anyone that cares! :)

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Some of what you read can be attributed to the vocal minority.

The majority of owners haven't had any serious problems and don't have a lot to say. I mean, how many times do you expect a satisfied owner to jump on the internet and post up something like, "No problems here. Truck is running fine. I love my truck!" or similar comments.

OP
OP
trmat79

trmat79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Some of what you read can be attributed to the vocal minority.

The majority of owners haven't had any serious problems and don't have a lot to say. I mean, how many times do you expect a satisfied owner to jump on the internet and post up something like, "No problems here. Truck is running fine. I love my truck!" or similar comments.

True True I was just thinking out load this morning.

Ryan12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey gents my baby just crossed over 8,200 miles and it's a 2012 havent had any issues. She runs great my only regrets is shoulda got a white sport crew cab instead, but again just didn't have the extra dinero so oh well :).

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
How many people do you know that have been to a restraunt, loved it do much they hoped right on the Internet to tell everyone vs. people who had a bad experience and want everyone to know about it

My dad, my girlfriend and her dad 275k miles between an 05,09 and an 11 ran with only minor problems to the 05 an 09 which account for 265k of the miles lol

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
its all trucks. It can really come down to stupid stuff like who was on the assembly line that day and what day of the week it was built. But also yeah I agree its just the vocal minority that post online more.

Lawhand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
most ppl with a problem look for other ppl with the same problem. so more than likely more bad stories get posted over good stories so that ppl can find a solution to their problems and have others to relate too.
Human nature

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine just rolled over 10K this weekend and I have ZERO complaints...

Jhight71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an '11 ram that just turned 26k this is my first ram truck and zero complaints!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
still no issues with mine, hear the bad, not much of the good...

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
True that people don't announce when they don't encounter a problem, but at the same time, I'm surprised at the issues my Ram came with considering the $50K sticker it came with. For double the price of my first house, I expected more.

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Almost 18,000 here with no issues. Other than I don't know how much longer my transmission will last since I go wot and hit 2nd prime over 5 times a day lol. R/T had 20,000 on it with no issues either