Belltech a good kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

13RamR/T

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I bought my 2013 R/T with a previously installed 2/4 drop. I got the truck up on ramps today and found that its a Belltech spring kit, #4762 on front, #5317 on rear, with Belltech's entry level "Nitro Drop 2" shocks.

This a good kit?

Wondering if the somewhat stiff ride quality would improved by upgrading to the "Street Performance" shocks.

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SP shocks are considerably better in every aspect. I had that kit on my 15 rt for a while, road amazing. The RCSB chassis will always feel bumps differently, but the SP shocks road very soft...some complain to soft

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
I have the 2/4 with SP shocks on my RCSB. I think they are too soft. Either the shocks or the springs are. Not sure which. I have a lot of teeter tottering. Not as much as stock ride height though. Make sure you have good bump stops too. Im basically sitting on mine 24/7.

I hear a better ride is QA1 adjustable shocks. There are some posts about them.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
If you can get a hold of the factory R/T front shocks use those and the SP's in the rear.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Like it, use SP shocks in rear, factory in front, I think it rode better.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have the 2/4 with SP shocks on my RCSB. I think they are too soft. Either the shocks or the springs are. Not sure which. I have a lot of teeter tottering. Not as much as stock ride height though. Make sure you have good bump stops too. Im basically sitting on mine 24/7.

I hear a better ride is QA1 adjustable shocks. There are some posts about them.

This a video from Belltech.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6dog3JkuN0

rtorres51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm currently running Belltech kit with SP shocks in all four corners. Haven't had any problems. Got rid of the factory Bridgestone tires though. Replaced them with Falkens. Ride is smooth now and better grip.