BT Panhard bar relocating bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramliving

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey everyone I recently installed my BT panhard bracket. When I lowered my truck off the jack and took it for a spin I noticed a weird sound. The sound was coming from the rear. And sounded like when your brakes are worn out. It would only make the sound at over 10mph. I decided to take the bracket off because I couldn't figure you the issue. Can anyone help with what might be causing the sound? Thank you.

S

scotts2012ram

I would reinstall it but lower it back onto the tires then do finish tightening the bolts that go thought the bar ends

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
The suspension components should be torqued at ride height otherwise you've preloaded them and can cause the bushings to wear out much faster because they're moving a lot more than designed for. You also want to lube the surface between the bushing and bracket with a synthetic grease, especially if you have polyurethane bushings.

DougM55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LOL. I had the exact same problem last weekend. I was pissed after spending that much time on the install. It ended up being the thin metal shroud that protects the gas tank rubbing on the wider collar part of the drive shaft. I bent the shroud toward the tank a bit and the noise went away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rtorres51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had the same issue. It was the thin metal between the drive shaft and gas tank. When the truck is lowered, the thin metal rubs the drive shaft. Just straighten out, no more noise.

OP
OP
R

Ramliving

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks brother I'm try it today. Hopefully it works.

OP
OP
R

Ramliving

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the advice brother. Makes a lot of since. Ima give it a shot today.

OP
OP
R

Ramliving

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just finished installing my bracket. I fixed the issue you pointed out and it worked. Thank you for you help!

DougM55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good news! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk