Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > 4th Gen : 2009 - Present > Lowered

Lowered

light at the end of the tunnel?

This is a discussion on light at the end of the tunnel? within the Lowered forums, part of the 4th Gen : 2009 - Present category!
First off thanks to Wild One for the great catch, hope you don't but I running with this sick of ...

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2016, 07:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2016
Engine: Hemi 5.7
Default light at the end of the tunnel?
First off thanks to Wild One for the great catch, hope you don't but I running with this sick of my Spohn crap.
Well it looks like finally for us that have lowered trucks and for those that are looking into lowering their truck a solution is on the horizon. As everyone knows after lowering comes more problems. In the past we've resorted to using the Spohn adjustable lower arms. And again problems.
Today I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with Illicit Customs going over the bracket system they have for the rear of the 4th gen Ram trucks that are lowered. The system looks sound and puts everything back in to factory specs. That means your pinion angle is correct your axel is in the center of the truck where it belongs and not pulled forward and shifted to the passenger side. At this point the only drawback I see is that you need to cut the rear end the pads that are welded do the rear end for the bump stops on both sides. Unfortunately that by itself removes your entire rear end of the truck from your factory warranty. As I discussed it further with him he said he would find out in the next few days if he can design it to retain those bump stop pads on the rear end. If all goes well looks like we have a solution finally. At this point the price for the 2 brackets and all hardware is about $500 if you want the heavier duty panhard bar adapter. If you're happy with your panhard bar adapter the price is $400 for both brackets and hardware.

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.

Old 12-12-2016, 08:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

Ram Year: 14 Sport
Engine: 5.7
Originally Posted by razor1 View Post
First off thanks to Wild One for the great catch, hope you don't but I running with this sick of my Spohn crap.
Well it looks like finally for us that have lowered trucks and for those that are looking into lowering their truck a solution is on the horizon. As everyone knows after lowering comes more problems. In the past we've resorted to using the Spohn adjustable lower arms. And again problems.
Today I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with Illicit Customs going over the bracket system they have for the rear of the 4th gen Ram trucks that are lowered. The system looks sound and puts everything back in to factory specs. That means your pinion angle is correct your axel is in the center of the truck where it belongs and not pulled forward and shifted to the passenger side. At this point the only drawback I see is that you need to cut the rear end the pads that are welded do the rear end for the bump stops on both sides. Unfortunately that by itself removes your entire rear end of the truck from your factory warranty. As I discussed it further with him he said he would find out in the next few days if he can design it to retain those bump stop pads on the rear end. If all goes well looks like we have a solution finally. At this point the price for the 2 brackets and all hardware is about $500 if you want the heavier duty panhard bar adapter. If you're happy with your panhard bar adapter the price is $400 for both brackets and hardware. He also said that if we come up with a group purchase he would find a way to do a better price at that time.
I owe you a thank-you Razor,you posted a lot more info about them then I did. He's supposed to give me a quote later tonight on 3 sets of them sent to Alberta.
Wild one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 10:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

Engine: Hemi
I'm interested and hoping he can design bracket to retain bump stop pad.
Bigfoots03hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 10:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2014
looks very promising! thanks for the info!

2014 Charcoal RAM 1500 RCSB 5.7 8SPD 2WD
2016 White Suburban 1500 5.3 6SPD 2WD
A bunch of 73 Chevy C10 truck parts!
moregrip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 11:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Bigfoots03hd View Post
I'm interested and hoping he can design bracket to retain bump stop pad.
Actually you only have to do a little trimming on the very front of the bumpstop,just so the bracket sits flush to the housing. Might take all of a couple minutes with a cut-off disc for fitment. Where the factory bumpstop hits the pad is still in place.I can't link to the pic he sent me,but if you're worried about the bumpstop disappearing altogether,you don't have to worry.
Rick
Old 12-12-2016, 11:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2014
Originally Posted by razor1 View Post

Any info on the thickness of the metal used on those brackets?

2014 Charcoal RAM 1500 RCSB 5.7 8SPD 2WD
2016 White Suburban 1500 5.3 6SPD 2WD
A bunch of 73 Chevy C10 truck parts!
moregrip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 01:50 AM   #7 (permalink)

Originally Posted by moregrip View Post
Any info on the thickness of the metal used on those brackets?
Don't quote me on this,but I think I read they were 3/16".
moregrip likes this.
Old 12-13-2016, 02:41 AM   #8 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2014 Ram R/T
Engine: 5.7L Hemi
So with THIS, we wouldnt need aftermarket control arms in the rear?

Dude, I'm sold. I was about to shell out 3 times as much for a custom set of control arms!
Wild one likes this.
J3FF3RSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 09:47 AM   #9 (permalink)

yep uses stock arms
Wild one likes this.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:54 AM   #10 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2014 R/T
Engine: 5.7L Hemi
Count me in for a set of the brackets on a group buy. Miiiiight be interested in the panhard relocation, but I'll probably just pick up a belltech.

Any word if they're thinking about making them adjustable for different drop heights?