light at the end of the tunnel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Avgas

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Good advice on the step bit I went threw 2 5/8 titanium bits before trying it. Everything went much easier after switching. Hell of an install blew up 2 impact wrenches and my short 90 degree drill but worth it.
Is a 90* drill necessary for the install?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
it is pinion angle, looking at options to fix it.

So the component did not fix the pinion angle issue razor? Just seeing if I'm understanding the post. My biggest complaint at this point is the vibration I am seeing after 70 mph and up and I have wondered if this has to do with the pinion angle but I know nothing about suspension

OP
OP
razor1

razor1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
don't get me wrong , the vibration is not an overwhelming vibration. I can feel it in the seat at 40 to 45 mph, after that it is smooth to at least 100. I think a 1/4" shim under the trans mount will fix it, just no time yet to address that.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
it is pinion angle, looking at options to fix it.

I thought that was the whole reason for these brackets was one of the advantages of them was to correct pinion angle?

Sowardcustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
I can tell you guys that I dont go looking for problems normally in my world of insanity my drive home and to work is about the only relaxation I get. I tend to not pay attention to much at those times of the day. The only problem before I installed complete air ride on my truck was a slight vibration on takeoff. After I installed full air ride my truck sat a little higher before I had rear air only I always rode damn near on the bump stops to match the front drop so I never noticed rear end wobble. After I installed the front air kit the accuair contoller sets it a little higher in the front so the rear is a little higher too now Im having the wobble issue. After I install the Illicit kit the wobble is gone completely takeoff vibration is gone and the truck feels like its driving on rails laser straight at any speed. Needless to say Im very happy!!!! and I dont have to buy sway bars. :favorites13:

DireRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have 100 miles on my no-cut brackets now going in for an alignment in the morning but I have no vibration or any of the other issues listed with a 2/4 drop. I could see how the no cut install could cause a pinion vibration if the holes for the upper control arms got drilled a little off.

OP
OP
razor1

razor1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought that was the whole reason for these brackets was one of the advantages of them was to correct pinion angle?

more advantages then that, centers axle in wheel and side to side. Plus the biggy for me was no more snapping, popping and sounding like it was ready to fall apart.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have 100 miles on my no-cut brackets now going in for an alignment in the morning but I have no vibration or any of the other issues listed with a 2/4 drop. I could see how the no cut install could cause a pinion vibration if the holes for the upper control arms got drilled a little off.

Yea, that's sort of my concern.

Realistically, being a liiiittle bit off on the hole drilling isn't going to affect the position of the control arm that much.

My plan is to measure and mark up the axle with some exactness and then drill it.

OP
OP
razor1

razor1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone interested in doing some research on Inez Hotrods rear correction brackets? Cost is $300 for the set and takes a little trimming he said. I didn't have a lot of time to talk to him, but he seems eager to help. These move the lower arm inward at about the same height as stock. His name is Inez , his number is 1-956-424-6901 and he is in Texas.
https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=inez hotrods.

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone interested in doing some research on Inez Hotrods rear correction brackets? Cost is $300 for the set and takes a little trimming he said. I didn't have a lot of time to talk to him, but he seems eager to help. These move the lower arm inward at about the same height as stock. His name is Inez , his number is 1-956-424-6901 and he is in Texas.

How are the Illicit brackets working out for you besides the vibration issue?

OP
OP
razor1

razor1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think the brackets work well, only thing I see that may be an issue is making sure they are 100% in position before drilling. Also, supply may be an issue, he is a one man shop. I know price is a question for many people here, that is why I suggested someone do some looking into the other set also.

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Spoke with Inez today. Man the guy is cool as hell and I wish I would have know about him 2 months ago. The correction kit he offers is for drops lower than 4 inches. He makes and provides his own 4-6 and 5-7 drops for rams and they are very reasonably priced.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm excited that Inez, and Illicit are pioneering components for the 4th gens.
I have been doing a lot of reading and research on Inez, and leaning more towards his product just because I can get a full set up from them.
But I am curious as to what I read that Illicit is working on some front lower A-Arms maybe uppers too? Does anyone have any more info on this or can confirm this?

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm excited that Inez, and Illicit are pioneering components for the 4th gens.
I have been doing a lot of reading and research on Inez, and leaning more towards his product just because I can get a full set up from them.
But I am curious as to what I read that Illicit is working on some front lower A-Arms maybe uppers too? Does anyone have any more info on this or can confirm this?

I'm contemplating doing away with the 2/4 after talking to Inez and going the 4/6 route. As you mentioned, the fact that he provides the full set up is awesome. He said the 4/6 works great with the stock rt wheels btw for those of you that have them