Ride Tech Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone actually have this kit??

Very little info found online, im trying to figure out how much lift front and rear it provides. I even called ART, and he said he is going to find some pictures for me and email to me.

I have a bagged blazer that tucks 20's, Im not looking for a air ride kit to Lay my new ram out, just something better then the dog**** 2/4 kits.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
They claim it's a 4/6 drop at ride height, which there's no way that's actually true without it hitting the control arms on the frame.

I've tried to get more information from then but haven't been able to.

OP
OP
bgray

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thats EXACTLY what the guy at ridetehc told me. Which, as we bopth know, is not accurate. From what i see on Truckin build they did, ride height is a 2/4 pretty much. Which is great.

I just want some adjustability, and to have a good ride. Both the Shockwave and the upgraded rear shocks are adjustable for rebound. So combined, I think it'll work great.

I pulled the trigger last night, and i will do a indpeth review and working heights once its installed. This kind of info is missing currently. Its gonna take another 2 months before my truck shows up tho.

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I pulled the trigger last night, and i will do a indpeth review and working heights once its installed. This kind of info is missing currently. Its gonna take another 2 months before my truck shows up tho.

I'm jealous :naughty:
I'm very interested in how it turns out!

Last edited:
OP
OP
bgray

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will make a whole thread on it so people can make reference down the road. The trucking article is a good write up, but has no point of reference to height fluctuation

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will make a whole thread on it so people can make reference down the road. The trucking article is a good write up, but has no point of reference to height fluctuation

You'll be the first to do it :favorites13:

** subscribed **

OP
OP
bgray

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just wish it wouldn't take so long for my truck to be ready!

I'm excited for all the guys to complain about me spending that money at it not laying outZ gonna be some hurt feelings lol

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Just wish it wouldn't take so long for my truck to be ready!

I'm excited for all the guys to complain about me spending that money at it not laying outZ gonna be some hurt feelings lol

You'll find most of the guys on this forum are pretty reasonable and practical. I think the people interested in seeing this system firsthand are more concerned about ride quality, towing, and overall performance and appearance than if the frame can touch the ground.

I'm certainly interested to see how the install goes and how the truck rides. If you tow, I'd love to hear feedback on that as well.

OP
OP
bgray

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I tow a TON. I have an enclosed car trailer, and a 18' aluminum car hauler. I was never impressed with the air lift 1000 coil bags, they just aren't enough to keep the trucks from squatting to bad.

Im hoping this will be great info. I own 2 sierras right now that have 5/7 and 6/8 drops. MY 5/7 dropped sierra no joke rides and tows better then my 2/4 drop RT did. I really wish the rams just had a conventional Leaf in the back. This, to me, appears to be the only good way to get the RAM to work properly.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I tow a TON. I have an enclosed car trailer, and a 18' aluminum car hauler. I was never impressed with the air lift 1000 coil bags, they just aren't enough to keep the trucks from squatting to bad.

Im hoping this will be great info. I own 2 sierras right now that have 5/7 and 6/8 drops. MY 5/7 dropped sierra no joke rides and tows better then my 2/4 drop RT did. I really wish the rams just had a conventional Leaf in the back. This, to me, appears to be the only good way to get the RAM to work properly.

Excellent. I'll be most interested in your review of the system then!

OP
OP
bgray

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Waiting on the Truck to arrive. I factory ordered it. Im hoping its here in the next 4 weeks. Also waiting on the Ridetech stuff to arrive. Ordered it a while back, said 10-14 days.

Play the waiting game. I'll make a whole thread about the truck when i get it, but Im specifically gonna make a whole thread about the ridetech setup. I know its not a popular kit, but there is zero good info out there.

Gonna compile factory ride high, full drop ride height, full lift height, and normal driving height. Im starting with a 5 gallon tank and 1 444B Viar, so well also see if that is adequate for the size of the ram(don't think it will be). Going to do all this on the Factory 20" wheels before I put my 24" wheels on.

If there is any info i should get, post it up, want to make a good informative thread

Last edited:

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'd suggest making a list of part numbers, where you got them from, and how much they cost. That would go a long way towards getting people started.

I'd also keep track of all the tools you use. I don't think the Ride Tech kit takes anything too special, but it's useful information to have.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
This is going to be awesome. I don't think anyone here has had a Ridetech suspension yet.

OP
OP
bgray

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd suggest making a list of part numbers, where you got them from, and how much they cost. That would go a long way towards getting people started.

I'd also keep track of all the tools you use. I don't think the Ride Tech kit takes anything too special, but it's useful information to have.

I guess I can do that. I live in Canada tho, So my pricing with exchange is much more then what you guys would pay. Best i can say is most Ridetech Dealers will give you 10% off the website price(dealers arent allowed to advertise below MSRP)

This is going to be awesome. I don't think anyone EVER has had a Ridetech suspension yet.

Fixed that for you lol. When i called ridetech to inquire, they were pretty clueless to the whole thing. Guy openly told me its not a very popular SKU for them. This will probably be the only documented case of owner install lol

I can find some guys who bought the rear kit, but nothing on all of it. Im installing Spohn Arms also, and more then likely will be removing the bump stops also., but ill do all that after initial install and measurement

Last edited:

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
bgray, I don't know if you knew of an awesome guy on ramforumz.com that goes by the screen name SPP. He works for FCA (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles) if you have your order number or vin he will track the progress of your truck. When I ordered my truck he tracked it from start to delivery. Here is the thread 2016 Status Updates (AKA, Where's my truck?)

Last edited:

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
Really looking forward to seeing how it works out. I wanted the air ride on my 1500, but it is not installed on a RCSB. I've looked into RideTech some time ago. I had a 2007 F-150 Harley Davidson Edition truck that I wanted to put the RideTech stuff on. Wasn't looking to slam the truck, just wanted to lower it and improve the ride. Just never pulled the trigger. Can't remember for sure, but I think it was somewhere between $3,000 to $4,000 for a complete system.
That was just the hardware. I was going to install it myself. So, best of luck to you. Can't wait to see how it works out!

OP
OP
bgray

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
bgray, I don't know if you knew of an awesome guy on ramforumz.com that goes by the screen name SPP. He works for FCA (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles) if you have your order number or vin he will track the progress of your truck. When I ordered my truck he tracked it from start to delivery. Here is the thread 2016 Status Updates (AKA, Where's my truck?)

I'll have to get my info from the dealer, this would be nice!

Really looking forward to seeing how it works out. I wanted the air ride on my 1500, but it is not installed on a RCSB. I've looked into RideTech some time ago. I had a 2007 F-150 Harley Davidson Edition truck that I wanted to put the RideTech stuff on. Wasn't looking to slam the truck, just wanted to lower it and improve the ride. Just never pulled the trigger. Can't remember for sure, but I think it was somewhere between $3,000 to $4,000 for a complete system.
That was just the hardware. I was going to install it myself. So, best of luck to you. Can't wait to see how it works out!

The RCSB and the QC/CC suspensions are identical, minus some spring changed beween the two. So the kti is the same regardless of cab configuration. As soon as i get the truck it'll be driven directly to my shop and pulled apart.

so now we wait....lol.

OP
OP
bgray

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
no parts yet, still waiting arrival