22nd vehicle, 3rd truck, 2nd V8, and 1st Dodge!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wildfyre116

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4x4 V8
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi All,

Decided to lease a 2017 RAM 1500 Big Horn 4x4 5.7 V8 crew cab this past Friday after seeing all the killer rebates RAM was advertising. I previously drove (and still own, pending a sale) a 2008 Toyota Tundra double cab 4x4 5.7 V8. It's pushing 100k, is 9 years old, and I couldn't stop myself from fixing it/modifying it, so I decided to go new again.

I'm born and raised in MN, but currently live in CO until this time next year, when I'll be going back to MN. As the title says; this is my 22nd vehicle - I'm kind of crazy with going through stuff, but I expect to at least run my entire three-year lease out with this truck. The Tundra was my first full size truck, so I'm still kind of getting used to vehicles this big -- I cut my teeth on turbo sports cars, so it's one heck of a change. At least this thing has a backup camera, ha!

Anyway, since the RAM is on a lease, and I got it so I didn't spend too much money on mods, I plan to keep this thing pretty stock other than some smallish stuff. In the few days I've owned it, I've plasti-dipped all badges, replaced my headlight bulbs with some brighter Philips halogens, added a tailgate-drop assist, and just got done putting on an LED tailgate light strip. I plan to cover all the chrome on the truck with more black plastidip (I really hate chrome), tint the windows, get a FlowMaster American Thunder muffler (or something similar), protect the bed via rhino-line or a bed rug, and get a tonnuea cover. Hopefully, I can stretch that list out over a few months so that I don't go broke in the next couple of weeks :roflsquared:

Happy to be here and hope to learn a bunch about RAM and see other people's rides!

OP
OP
Wildfyre116

Wildfyre116

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll get some pictures of it tomorrow in the sun light. Other than the LED strip and blacked-out badges, it's your standard dark grey 1500 crew cab big horn.

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Welcome! I haven't been there much but I love the Colorado area...going to be visiting it again soon.

Also from Minnesota here...good to see a few more people from the area! I'm from just south of the Twin Cities. What part of MN are you from?

Again..welcome aboard! Sounds like a good list of mods. I'm sure you'll enjoy your Ram!

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the forum from LA (Lower Alabama)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Wildfyre116

Wildfyre116

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome! I haven't been there much but I love the Colorado area...going to be visiting it again soon.

Also from Minnesota here...good to see a few more people from the area! I'm from just south of the Twin Cities. What part of MN are you from?

Again..welcome aboard! Sounds like a good list of mods. I'm sure you'll enjoy your Ram!

I'm from the southern twin cities area, too. Apple Valley, Eagan, Rosemount area. When I move back, I plan to be in Lakeville but I'll still be around the aforementioned areas a lot as I work up there.