2021 Ram Canada vehicle U connect question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommypabs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I purchased a Ram 1500 Classic express (Made for Canada). I am here in the states and knew there would be some possible complications after purchasing. The truck was priced right and is in excellent condition..
I did buy an aftermarket warranty as I have been told Ram USA will not warranty a Ram Canada vehicle. This actually isn’t my current issue but thought I would mention anyway.

I called SXM to install Guardian ( the top tier plan). In Canada the salesperson at SXM told me the remote services covered remote start and search/send and Go Nav. I even had that specific button on my 8.4 Radio. When I went to check out, she realized I was in the states and said she had to change the radio for stateside usage. After this was done, the most significant services Guardian offered (remote start and send and GO) became unavailable. Yet if I were in Canada there would be no issue.

The only reason this service interested me at all was I wanted a Navi that was from a satellite. I take long trips to rural parts of KY and lose my phone signal which at times screws up the car play navigation.

I want to know if perhaps the dealer or someone can flash the radio to US settings. If that’s not possible, I’m probably not willing to buy a U.S. programed radio ( which will give me all of the offered services that I am looking for (per a discussion with Uconnect). It would cheaper to buy a separate GPS.
Just looking for some good advice from the enthusiasts here on the forum.

Thanks!

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
U know, the Lil Garmin Nuvi's work well and most come with lifetime updates, just saying. When I travel, I also carry my Garmin as a backup, old habit.

OP
OP
T

Tommypabs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
U know, the Lil Garmin Nuvi's work well and most come with lifetime updates, just saying. When I travel, I also carry my Garmin as a backup, old habit.
That may very well be the answer. This ”Tradesman” was too good to pass up. It has a ton of upgrades. you may be right, the good old Garmin. Love the R.R quote as well. Thanks for the input!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Garmin NUVI with Lifetime Map updates & Traffic

you just have to decide whether you want the 5" or 7 "

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics