New 2016 2500 SLT W 6.4 Hemi, Denver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fixed Sight Training

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I traded a very reliable but older Tahoe which had been our tow vehicle for a 7k lb camper and daily driver. It was getting older and I was worried about continued reliability. Not to mention with 2 kids getting bigger and 3 labs I wanted more space. So I put a carpeted shelf in the bed with a shell for the dogs. Works great and very comfortable up front for the rest of the family.

Got a good price being a 2016 closeout. It's an SLT but had almost all the options I wanted from the dealer. I'd hoped to try pulling our camper and taking the kids to Moab this week for spring break but at less than 5K miles it has broken down. The check engine light came on and the tranny was stuck in 4th for a while.

Glad I got the extended warranty! I have a feeling it's going to be spending some time in the shop over the next few years.:puke:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Mine had a couple of glitches right off the bat but after they were corrected my 6.4L 2500 Ram truck ran awesome.

I doubt you'll have that thing in the shop too much.

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's a bummer for sure, hopefully first and last one....anyhow welcome to the group:favorites13:

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the forum from LA (Lower Alabama)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The DodgeFather

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's a bummer hope you get to go to Moab soon. Also we need pics hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

Fixed Sight Training

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks all. I was pretty pissed but truly this forum has helped. Especially the memes. Pretty funny stuff..

I'm hoping it's just a glitch and not a lemon but in my experience a mechanic is like a chiropractor, just make the next appt as you are leaving 'cause you'll be back. But there is always hope.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I traded a very reliable but older Tahoe which had been our tow vehicle for a 7k lb camper and daily driver. It was getting older and I was worried about continued reliability. Not to mention with 2 kids getting bigger and 3 labs I wanted more space. So I put a carpeted shelf in the bed with a shell for the dogs. Works great and very comfortable up front for the rest of the family.

Got a good price being a 2016 closeout. It's an SLT but had almost all the options I wanted from the dealer. I'd hoped to try pulling our camper and taking the kids to Moab this week for spring break but at less than 5K miles it has broken down. The check engine light came on and the tranny was stuck in 4th for a while.

Glad I got the extended warranty! I have a feeling it's going to be spending some time in the shop over the next few years.:puke:

Bought mine in Denver and drove it to Pueblo (100 miles). Before I got to monument hill my check engine light came on. I was pissed also but continued home. Pulled the battery cable off and let it sit 30 minutes. The light hasn't came back on since, 2.5 years and 24000 miles. Good luck.