New To Me First Truck - 1987 PowerRam w/318

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drachenblut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 c.i.
Hello!

I am a young man who just bought his first truck. I live in North-Central B.C., Canada. Looking to gather as much information on my truck as possible, such as:

Issues to look out for

Information on specs/upkeep/issues w/engine (318 cubic inch powerplant)

Transmission is a 4 speed manual with overdrive. Have driven stick in a car plenty, but this is new to me in a truck and the transmission feels like every time you put it in gear, and let the clutch out, the transmission and clutch "jerk" or "lurch" together and the truck begins to move. Is this normal? I drove a 1988 Ford F250 for my boss once with a similar setup and it didn't do that.

Wondering if my truck is anything special - under a black spraybomb some fool did, the original very shiny metallic deep blue paint with gold accents and gold stickers over "dodge ram" on the tailgate still exists. Also, the truck has chrome window sills (covers over top of the windows), power windows, locks etc.

I plan to eventually fix the paintjob on the truck and bring it back to original. Rust is minimal, some surface rust, a little bondo on the box and one rust pocket starting just ahead of the driver's door.

All in all, it runs and drives and looks internally nice, the interior looks good without cracks or tears and the floor is solid (I need to put new mat/carpet in, the last owner took it out).

Questions welcome, I am here to learn!

*EDIT* - I only paid $1000 for the truck

Thanks
Drach

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Congrat's on your truck. Looks like you got just a little work in front of you. I'm sure some of the members here will be able to help you out with your questions. Good Luck!!!!
Jay

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Congrats and welcome from Maryland.

Keep us up to speed on your truck, looking forward to see what you do with it.