Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello, I just bought my Ram 1500 over the weekend. Ended up with '13 Laramie 4x4 Black. Just thought I would introduce my self to the forum. I've always had the mod bug so I am sure I will be snooping around asking questions. I have been installing car electronics professionally for several years now so I will make my contributions where I can in that department.

Are there any must-have mods? I am already looking at an catback and new y-pipe, as well as HIDs. The headlights are horrible on this thing, I hoping the HIDs in the projector housing will be a significant improvement.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welome!!! New BLACK Ram--got to be pretty! See you in the detail section soon :naughty::naughty:
Jay

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome!

The mods are endless and this place will make you break the bank.

Have fun.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I'm pretty happy with the headlights in my Laramie. Maybe your bulbs need to be replaced or the front cover lens is dirty/frosted?

OP
OP
A

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you everyone!

The truck only has 19k so I don't think it is anything wrong with them. I think it is more just me. I am coming from an Infiniti EX with adaptive HIDs, so I was a bit spoiled by that. I think upgrading to the HIDs will get it to where I would like. My eyes aren't the best, so anything will help lol.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Thank you everyone!

The truck only has 19k so I don't think it is anything wrong with them. I think it is more just me. I am coming from an Infiniti EX with adaptive HIDs, so I was a bit spoiled by that. I think upgrading to the HIDs will get it to where I would like. My eyes aren't the best, so anything will help lol.

I had an '07 Maxima I added an HID kit to the factory projectors. Worked pretty well and had great light so I had a decent comparison basis but like I said, we don't drive much at night and have not had it on the highway after dusk yet. That car spoiled me with some of the options as well but my Laramie has more features. Nissan is slightly below Infiniti in that department obviously.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had an '07 Maxima I added an HID kit to the factory projectors. Worked pretty well and had great light so I had a decent comparison basis but like I said, we don't drive much at night and have not had it on the highway after dusk yet. That car spoiled me with some of the options as well but my Laramie has more features. Nissan is slightly below Infiniti in that department obviously.

Same here...coming from a loaded srt 300 with all the bells n whistles..

My express took some getting use too lol.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Same here...coming from a loaded srt 300 with all the bells n whistles..

My express took some getting use too lol.

My Dakota has nothing really. Was roll up windows when I got it. Other than swapping in the power locks/windows from another truck it is pretty basic. But when you want power you get it and you can pick the gear! What a concept. No traction nannies or ABS to worry about lol.

4.7L V8 Viper T56 and 4.10 gears with Auburn True-Trac

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha..my first "truck" if you wanna call it that was an 89' ford ranger. Reg cab, long bed...it was a straight grandpa truck. (Nothin against grandpas).

ZERO power ANYTHING lol.

I'm movin up in the world!

OP
OP
A

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
While I loved the Infiniti... this truck blows it out of the water. This is also my first truck... so it is taking me some time to get used to driving it. I'm still taking turns extra wide. I've gotten pretty good at parking... only thanks to the cam and sensors.. otherwise I'd be lost lol.

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome aboard.....open your wallet please...

For HIDs, yes they do make a vast improvement. Get the CANBUS ballasts for sure!! If not, you will have major issues.

If you want a nice deep, mellow exhaust, Magnaflow is a sweet choice.

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
welcome to the site

Tony :headbang: