New Member...hey guys!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sniper X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I have a 1991 Dodge W150. Call it the No Power Wagon. Cause it's a TBI 318, 4 speed w Granny low, 4x4 of course, 3in lift, 31-10.5-15 BFG AT TA's, 135k original. Looked pretty good for a El Cheapo paint job that quickly went south and now looks like I parked it at the site of the Chernobyl disaster for a couple years LOL! But it runs great after I fixed all the typical little Dodge first gen problems. I am still up grading it due to these little issues but all the main stuff is done. Now it's up to upgrades, and personalizations....
So far I've installed new
water pump and all hoses, and belts, new Hall Effects sensor, new plugs wires, fuel pump, new rear turn signal lenses, front turn signal lenses, all new bulbs, new door locks since the PO forgot to give me the door keys. upgraded all fuseable links to fuse holders, installed my own design headlight brightner, the trans t case and clutch had been done just beofre I got it. Only things left are the First gen instrument cluster up grade which entails swapping out the bulbs to LEDs, soldering all the connections on the circuit board, replacing the odo gears, and cleaning it all up inside. I'll do a pictorial on this process if anyone is interested.

Thats about it for now! Here is a pic of it when I got it a few years ago.

15241221_163027690837259_3817731672679755903_n.jpg

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
welcome. long time no see. hows it going? did you ever get that macho power wagon project sorted out?

OP
OP
Sniper X

Sniper X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
welcome. long time no see. hows it going? did you ever get that macho power wagon project sorted out?

Negative, well sort of! Remember I told you the family was a bunch of druggies and it had been abandoned, and it was right on the edge of both parties lands? Well, one weekend I went to get it and it was gone! It had been sitting there for probably 25 years! And all of a sudden, gone! The dually 75 is still there and now the owqner ays I can have it but it's too far gone to move economically.

So I decided to just paint mine like this and see if I can do some voodoo and big block swap it here in my county and get away without having to smog it.

963f0e31d7f94ce9a89eaa2407798265.jpg

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
ya that sucks. at least you still got your truck. i don't know much about the emissions down your way but here a swap like that could make a vehicle considered a "hotrod" and have a bit more room emissions wise.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum.

OP
OP
Sniper X

Sniper X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ya that sucks. at least you still got your truck. i don't know much about the emissions down your way but here a swap like that could make a vehicle considered a "hotrod" and have a bit more room emissions wise.

That is exactly the tact I will take when investigating it. This is New Mexico and ONLY ONE county has smog checks, it's Bernillio County and I live right in the edge of it. If I lived a mile away from where I live, I'd be in a county that doesn't erev need smog. Plus I hear there is an exemption if it won't pass. But I would check into that completely before I did it. Plus, I don't NEED to do it just would love more power. My stock motor oonly has 135k on it and still runs like a scalded dog.

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Welcome to the site
Tony :headbang: