Thinking about a Ram, advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

datawhore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all, I'm currently in a 2014 Lexus GX 460 and am moving to a truck finally. I've narrowed it down to a tundra and a ram 1500. I love the ram, love the looks, love the options, love the space, etc. just seems like an all around bad ass truck with plenty of luxury that I was used to with my lexus's. My fear is 2 fold. maintaining its value, and longevity / how well made they are physically and mechanically. The dealer is telling me since they were bought by fiat they are a better made vehicle. I'm curious what you all think, from real dodge owners, etc. Thanks in advance. The Ram I'm leaning toward is New 2017 Ram 1500 Mechanicsburg PA 1C6RR7MT4HS659023

Thanks!

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
I own a 2016 big horn 1500. Had it for fourteen months now...the truck drives the same as it did the day i picked it up from the dealership. There is only one thing i have a gripe with, and its the OEM tires. Goodyear SRA'S. It should be against the law to put P-Metric tires on light trucks, as they give a beautiful ride quality, but the tread wears far to quickly. If you can haggle the dealer into putting load range E, light truck tires on before taking delivery, i would definitely take it. The tundras are nice vehicles, but the power isnt nearly as good, and there is literally miles of plastic in the interior. The rams are much nicer when it comes to trim levels and appointments all around in my humble opinion.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought a Ram 1500 Rebel. Amazing truck with amazing options. I'd never buy Toyota over a Ram. You get more bang for your buck with Ram without loss in quality.

miguelherrera4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Tundra will hold its value far better forsure. But if you're worried more about overall comfort and technology rams a no brainer. Not saying my next truck might not be a tundra though [emoji18]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Great looking truck...45K...almost 10K off MSRP....get an extended warranty, RamCare and don't look back.

I'll never be in a low sitting car again. I ended up with a Rebel but was looking seriously at a Sport model.

The Tundra may hold its value a bit more...but its about comfort and looks in my opinion. I don't worry too much about long term value when its not that far apart. I don't worry about a few thousand when I get what I want...life's too short to spend it worrying about small stuff (This is of course my personal opinion).

The Hemi...8.4 UConnect and overall amenities are great in the Ram. I came from a Durango R/T which I also loved.

Go Ram...

OP
OP
D

datawhore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks for all the info guys! I'll hopefully make a decision this week and will post

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Since 1998, Dodge and Ram have more trucks on the road than another other manufacture.

Let that sink in for a bit.

My buddy came from a 2012 Toyota Tundra to a Limited Ram Megacab 2500. He said he will never go back to Toyota..