2015 ball joint problem, UCA question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dharcrow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I recently purchased a 2015 4x4 CC big horn and decided to level it out. Went with a 2.5" strut spacer and then some 35x12.5x20's. After reading about ball joint problems and the roughness of the ride I decided to purchase the Bilstein 5100's. Well I took the spacers off and put the Bilsteins on and now one of my balljoints is completely popped up and one is about 1/4th" popped up.

So my two questions:

1. Do you think the dealer will warranty the upper control arm ball joint popping up and replace them?

2. If not(I'm thinking they probably wont'), will the Mevotech UCA CMS 251058 and CMS 251057 fit a 2015? I don't see that year model listed anywhere on rockauto...

Thanks for any help guys.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
So I recently purchased a 2015 4x4 CC big horn and decided to level it out. Went with a 2.5" strut spacer and then some 35x12.5x20's. After reading about ball joint problems and the roughness of the ride I decided to purchase the Bilstein 5100's. Well I took the spacers off and put the Bilsteins on and now one of my balljoints is completely popped up and one is about 1/4th" popped up.

So my two questions:

1. Do you think the dealer will warranty the upper control arm ball joint popping up and replace them?

2. If not(I'm thinking they probably wont'), will the Mevotech UCA CMS 251058 and CMS 251057 fit a 2015? I don't see that year model listed anywhere on rockauto...

Thanks for any help guys.

The dealer absolutely will not warranty your UCA's, don't bother even asking them.

Post #22 on page 3 of my build thread shows the product number of the mevotech UCA's on my 2014. Remember to prime and paint them before install. They will rust up otherwise.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dharcrow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The dealer absolutely will not warranty your UCA's, don't bother even asking them.

Post #22 on page 3 of my build thread shows the product number of the mevotech UCA's on my 2014. Remember to prime and paint them before install. They will rust up otherwise.

Hey, Thanks for the reply. Yeah I figured the dealership wouldn't touch it. I called a few today and they kind of hinted at that. Which prime and paint did you go with for your UCA's?

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Hey, Thanks for the reply. Yeah I figured the dealership wouldn't touch it. I called a few today and they kind of hinted at that. Which prime and paint did you go with for your UCA's?
I used the tremclad primer and paint for mine. 2 coats each, then I added 2 coats of clear coat. Hopefully it holds up against the rust!

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Cgrant726

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes, those part #s fit the 2015. I had the same question and contacted Mevotech directly and they confirmed.

OP
OP
D

dharcrow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea they do. I ordered them and installed them already.

Cgrant726

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok, I saw the post was a few days old but I didn't see you get an answer. I just put mine on today.