22x14 wheels?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
If you want actual 4x4 function and look to go with that lift, you will want a 17 or 18 wide rim. The taller your tire's sidewall, the more adjust ability you will have on the trail. Competition 4×4’s fitted with bead locks can actually lower psi to 10. With 22's you would need an awful big tire to have any adjustibilty.

Now, if it is a pavement princess, go with the 22's. You will have a ton in common with the low rider pavement princess's as well.

22 versus 17 on a 35 tire, it isn't trail worthy. Lower tire pressures can get you out of many jams, and save your truck on rocks or mud. Of course unless you are gunning it through mud, you should always be going slow with low air.

5-tires-6-lift-impossible-can-done-cleantitan1-22s.jpg

used-2006-dodge-ram_1500_4x4-quadcab6inchlift35inchtireschromerims-8417-9485244-25-640.jpg

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
He has a 2wd.

:roflsquared:

Well the info was free, maybe in the future he will be on a trail. 4x4, small rim big tire, look at the pro dessert runners if you don't believe me.

2012-baja-500-14.jpg

OP
OP
Mcginnis

Mcginnis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah it's a 2wd. One of these I'll upgrade to a big boy but she'll do for now.

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah it's a 2wd. One of these I'll upgrade to a big boy but she'll do for now.
If you want 22x14s, do it. Don't let other people talk you out of it. With 37x13.5, on 14 wides, you'll barely notice any stretch. The sidewall will be pretty much flush with the rim. It will look damn good.

Tons of dudes are running 14 wides on 2wds. It will definitely strain your components so I would keep an eye on it.

I had 20x14s on 35x12.5 on my 4wd Hemi, no issues at all. I will be running 22x14s on 33x12.5s on my 3500 Cummins soon, possibly when I receive my tax refund.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
?...With 37x13.5, on 14 wides, you'll barely notice any stretch. The sidewall will be pretty much flush with the rim....

37x13.5 on 20x12

I'd say my sidewalls are fairly flush. I don't see how 14's aren't going to stretch.
I think the consensus would say 14 wides should probably be mounted on some 15.5's.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
wanting to know if 22x14s will put to much strain on your hubs or studs??

I know it will be stretched but my main concern is the wheels being so wide and wondering of the strain it will be putting on everything or if it will be OK.

If you want 22x14s, do it. Don't let other people talk you out of it.

. It will definitely strain your components so I would keep an eye on it.

What benefit would come of this?

IMO

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
37x13.5 on 20x12

I'd say my sidewalls are fairly flush. I don't see how 14's aren't going to stretch.
I think the consensus would say 14 wides should probably be mounted on some 15.5's.

The most offset I would run. Perfect setup man! How are those Toyo RT's?

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Aaaaand common sense in action^^^
I have plenty of common sense, thanks.
37x13.5 on 20x12

That's not flush. Plenty of sidewall sticking beyond your wheel. Besides, when I said you won't notice much stretch, I was referring to the post earlier about a turtles ass or head or something. That picture had lots of stretch. This is 37x13.5x22 on 22x14
Screenshot_2016-02-02-10-28-46-1_zpsyxovaxua.png
What benefit would come of this?

IMO
What benefit? The benefit that OP will get to run the setup he wants and look good doing it.

You people act like as soon as he puts this setup on, his whole fron't end will come apart within 10 miles(if his ball joints and hubs are already bad, then you may be right)

OP, again, this setup will definitely strain your front end, and it is possible your wheel will fly off with rotor and all if your components wear too long, but if your front end is tight and you check for play every so often, I don't see why you can't catch a failure before it happens. We catch em at work every so often.

There's a lot of 2wds on Instagram running wild setups and they're doing just fine. Obviously if it's not your daily driver, your front end will last that much longer.

Last edited:

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
You people act like as soon as he puts this setup on, his whole fron't end will come apart within 10 miles(if his ball joints and hubs are already bad, then you may be right)

Nobody said the wheels would fall off in that time frame. The wheel wont fall off "in fact" if the hub bearing goes the wheel "wont" come off, it'll still be hanging on by the caliper to the knuckle, now if the bolts rip out of the knuckle (highly unlikely) then the end result is different.

I'm all for getting the look you want and it's his vehicle so he can do what he pleases, but we're simply trying to give him info to keep him from causing premature wear that will be caused by that set-up on a DD.

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nobody said the wheels would fall off in that time frame. The wheel wont fall off "in fact" if the hub bearing goes the wheel "wont" come off, it'll still be hanging on by the caliper to the knuckle, now if the bolts rip out of the knuckle (highly unlikely) then the end result is different.

I'm all for getting the look you want and it's his vehicle so he can do what he pleases, but we're simply trying to give him info to keep him from causing premature wear that will be caused by that set-up on a DD.
And I didn't say anyone said that, I said you people are acting that way. But it definitely is possible and has happened where the whole wheel flies off. Most of the time, they're going slow enough to where the wheel and tire get caught under the fender. But there has been pictures(I've only seen two separate instances) posted where the brake line wasn't enough to hold the wheel back.

I'm with you guys on the dangers of this setup on a 2wd, I just prefer to give a little more feedback than "don't do it, it's ugly" as must people do. I think wide wheels look awesome with any size tire, but they do come at a cost.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
And I didn't say anyone said that, I said you people are acting that way. But it definitely is possible and has happened where the whole wheel flies off. Most of the time, they're going slow enough to where the wheel and tire get caught under the fender. But there has been pictures(I've only seen two separate instances) posted where the brake line wasn't enough to hold the wheel back.

I'm with you guys on the dangers of this setup on a 2wd, I just prefer to give a little more feedback than "don't do it, it's ugly" as must people do. I think wide wheels look awesome with any size tire, but they do come at a cost.

I too love the look of them, but it's not about the wheels being on a 2WD because I've seen it on 4WD's as well, but huge negative offset just does a whole lot of pulling on parts. I don't care if you lift a 2WD or a 4WD, I've done both so I can give input on both sides, but I just would hate for the OP to end up with issues sooner than expected.

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I too love the look of them, but it's not about the wheels being on a 2WD because I've seen it on 4WD's as well, but huge negative offset just does a whole lot of pulling on parts. I don't care if you lift a 2WD or a 4WD, I've done both so I can give input on both sides, but I just would hate for the OP to end up with issues sooner than expected.
I agree with you. I put 2wd because at least on a 4wd, the axle shaft may help keep the wheel in place for a second longer when all else fails. Almost like an extra safety component, although not much.

I had 20x14s on 35s on my hemi. I took that ***** everywhere, luckily never had issues. Hope the next owner checks the front end.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hell at this point I want the OP to do it....obviously I'm a fan of the wide stance. I wanna see how it turns out.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yooo bro! Check out my new mud tires I picked up for my 22x14 wheels. They're a new brand. There aren't many reviews out yet.. But they look killer!

fa58ce17f376407100b27f534f705521.jpg

IMO

Mxjosh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not that you're taking votes, but mine is "do what you want and run the 22x14's". I also love the look, just as stated many times you will have premature wear. If you're ready to replace parts faster than normal, go for it. My room mate is running 22x14's on his 2wd. I unfortunately only have 20x10's but also running 2in spacer (which people hate as well and I am aware for the risks). At the end of the day, its your truck.

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
At the end of the day it's your truck and you should do what you want. There's different flavors of ice cream for a reason and I'm not gunna say your stupid or dumb for eating chocolate or say it looks like frozen **** in a cup. I like the look of a 13.5 wid mounted on a 14 wide. Build the truck you wants and if you like it that's what matters cause your not building it for them