3" BL won't work with my AR powersteps....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirty from upstate NY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Well, found out that the PA 3" BL won't work with my amp reasearch powersteps. I was fortunate enough to notice before I pulled the bumpers off and started the actual work. Anyways, I LOVE having these powersteps and had to make the choice of sacrificing the additional 3"s of lift. My question is......how else can I get more lift now?

I do have bils and my zone uca's that still need to be put on. Probably will have to max them out and get rear coil spacers. Though I couldn't find anything in the 3" range?

Please shoot me options on what's out there! If there are lift coils I could get instead of the spacers. Just need some friendly advice. I don't want to do the zone 1.5" body lift. I was measuring everything and it would still not clear most things I need to clear.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wonder why not, I dont recall them attaching to the frame anywhere, only to the body? Someone correct me if Im wrong but when I installed them on the power wagon they only attached to the cab.

OP
OP
D

Dirty from upstate NY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I wonder why not, I dont recall them attaching to the frame anywhere, only to the body? Someone correct me if Im wrong but when I installed them on the power wagon they only attached to the cab.

The drivers side motor for the boards will hit the relocated Harness attached to the frame will hit. Not enough room to relocate anywhere else. Plus the big counter weight looking thing on the driver side frame. Think it's for chassis vibration or what not? Everything mounted to the frame have welded in braketry that will make contact or prevent the boards from retracting. Kinda sucks that I can't have both. I'll have to shoot some pics and post them later. I'm so disappointed. Really wanted to put on the body lift and keep the amp research steps as well.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh yeah forgot about the frame mounted crap. Oh well guess you need to sell them. My zip code is 34610 for shipping quote.

OP
OP
D

Dirty from upstate NY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

OP
OP
D

Dirty from upstate NY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So would the steps work with a 2" body lift?

I went out and re measured all the clearances, it looks like I only got just over an inch before **** starts hitting. So I dont think the Zone 1.5" will work either. I dont even think they make a 2" kit? I'm only aware or the 1.25", 1.5" and a 3" body lift thats available for our 4th gen Rams. I'm pretty much SOL on the whole body lift thing. I dont want to go back to regular running boards.

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Bought my truck with a 2"body and leveling kit on 33's. Since then I swapped the leveling kit for 6" lift. So 6" +2" body with bils. I'll try to post pics of how much the body lift pucks measure. Looks to be 2" . So a BL above 1" and you can't fit power steps due to clearance. That's a bummer cause I was planning on doing this down the road as funding would permit. Right now I have some cheap ones off amazon, which serves its purpose with the wife and kids. My truck or any others that's lifted look so much better without steps. If anything I might opt to put some rock sliders as they don't hang as low as side steps, mount to the frame, and a little cheaper on the wallet compared to Amp. The Amps are so much cooler though.

OP
OP
D

Dirty from upstate NY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Bought my truck with a 2"body and leveling kit on 33's. Since then I swapped the leveling kit for 6" lift. So 6" +2" body with bils. I'll try to post pics of how much the body lift pucks measure. Looks to be 2" . So a BL above 1" and you can't fit power steps due to clearance. That's a bummer cause I was planning on doing this down the road as funding would permit. Right now I have some cheap ones off amazon, which serves its purpose with the wife and kids. My truck or any others that's lifted look so much better without steps. If anything I might opt to put some rock sliders as they don't hang as low as side steps, mount to the frame, and a little cheaper on the wallet compared to Amp. The Amps are so much cooler though.

Looks like I will be slightly notching some stuff to make the 1.5" body lift work. Won't have to mess with anything up front. Just the rears need some trimming. To the truck, not the AR boards! I agree, i didn't ever really like the look of the regular running boards. But have to admit. The factory ram wheel to wheel ones look good, hug closer than aftermarket and are the most sturdy I've come across. I kept mine just in case LOL!

moparpeetie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like I will be slightly notching some stuff to make the 1.5" body lift work. Won't have to mess with anything up front. Just the rears need some trimming. To the truck, not the AR boards! I agree, i didn't ever really like the look of the regular running boards. But have to admit. The factory ram wheel to wheel ones look good, hug closer than aftermarket and are the most sturdy I've come across. I kept mine just in case LOL!
lets see some pics when your done please! I have 1.5 BL and plan on the Amp research steps in spring