4/6” Lift Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all, I’m looking at purchasing the 4” MOPAR Superlift and having the dealer install it to keep everything under warranty. What is the main difference between a 4” and 6” lift? Is there anything I can add to the 4” lift after the fact to make it 6”? This way, it will all be covered under warranty and I will take the chance with the 2”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all, I’m looking at purchasing the 4” MOPAR Superlift and having the dealer install it to keep everything under warranty. What is the main difference between a 4” and 6” lift? Is there anything I can add to the 4” lift after the fact to make it 6”? This way, it will all be covered under warranty and I will take the chance with the 2”.

The Mopar lifts are made for Mopar by Superlift. Superlift does sell a 6" kit that my dealer was installing on Rams left right & centre.

Maybe ask them if they'll install the 6" kit for you since it's made by the same company that supplies them with the 4" Mopar kit.

Only difference between the 4" & 6" Superlift/Mopar kits is literally the height difference between the two.

I'm unsure myself how you could alter the 4" to get to the 6" height...but if it's possible someone on this forum will have done it and can comment.

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
Yeah but if you get a 4” and add adjustable shocks or coil overs there goes that warranty you wanted to keep. Do the 4” and 35’s and keep your warranty. I could only imagine what dealership will charge you for the lift and install?? Cha Ching lol.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah but if you get a 4” and add adjustable shocks or coil overs there goes that warranty you wanted to keep. Do the 4” and 35’s and keep your warranty. I could only imagine what dealership will charge you for the lift and install?? Cha Ching lol.

My local dealer puts 4 inch lifts on a lot of trucks before they put them on the lot. I was looking at them the other day and they added 8k for the lift, tires, wheels.

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
Exactly. About 4 grand worth of lift, wheels and tires

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

https://www.superlift.com/suspension-kits?find=dodge-1500-ram-2016-187599

Click on the 6" kit and download the instructions, then click on the 4" kit and download the instructions. If you compare the parts list, the main difference I see is that the 4" kit doesn't include the rear suspension link arm relocation brackets, also would need rear coils etc.

for the front increase...the 6" superlift front lift is identical to the 4" 100%, only difference is they tell you to put the bilstein snapring in the top highest max setting (2.75) versus the 4" says install at lowest setting 0.00 lift. So you can never go higher than 6" lift. Most other kits the "tophat" spacer is taller on the 6" kits so adding bils lets you go even higher, whereas here the bils maxed out is what gives you the 6".

All that said, if you plan to stay with 35's, the superlift/mopar 4" is more than enough lift and will not only look great, but ride nice too.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 4” Superlift came with relocation brackets for all of the rear components and 3” coils......

What warranty are you concerned about? Just because the dealer installs it dosent mean your factory warranty is still good, the parts replaced by the lift are covered by Superlift, not the dealer or FCA. And to be honest, the lift is not going to be the cause of something failing........

Your engine and tranny for example are still covered by your factory warranty and the lift is not going to be the cause of your engine or transmission blowing up.

But to your first question, if I adjust my Bils up to 2.1”, VIOLA, my truck now has a 6” lift. Looking at my cv’s and the rest of the front end, it could handle it just fine (just like Bils @ 2.1 on a stock suspension). If I didn’t like parking in a garage i’d max my Bils and toss on some 37’s!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Mopar lifts are made for Mopar by Superlift. Superlift does sell a 6" kit that my dealer was installing on Rams left right & centre.

Maybe ask them if they'll install the 6" kit for you since it's made by the same company that supplies them with the 4" Mopar kit.

Only difference between the 4" & 6" Superlift/Mopar kits is literally the height difference between the two.

I'm unsure myself how you could alter the 4" to get to the 6" height...but if it's possible someone on this forum will have done it and can comment.

That is correct, and I spoke with a dealer near me and they told me they would install the 4” or 6” lift. I was thinking from a parts standpoint of having the 4” since it would be covered by the dealer. If I supply the 6” lift the parts won’t be covered by the dealer. Either way, I want the dealer to install it so it doesn’t void the warranty. I’ve been told by other dealers near me that they won’t go above 4” as it voids the warranty; however, if I dealer installs the 6” they have to warranty it!

I wasn’t sure if I could add a 2” spacer on the front and back to raise it up to the 6”.

The dealership told me I would be changed by the hr. If it takes 5 hrs I only pay for 5. If it takes 20, I will have to pay for 20.

https://www.superlift.com/suspension-kits?find=dodge-1500-ram-2016-187599

Click on the 6" kit and download the instructions, then click on the 4" kit and download the instructions. If you compare the parts list, the main difference I see is that the 4" kit doesn't include the rear suspension link arm relocation brackets, also would need rear coils etc.

for the front increase...the 6" superlift front lift is identical to the 4" 100%, only difference is they tell you to put the bilstein snapring in the top highest max setting (2.75) versus the 4" says install at lowest setting 0.00 lift. So you can never go higher than 6" lift. Most other kits the "tophat" spacer is taller on the 6" kits so adding bils lets you go even higher, whereas here the bils maxed out is what gives you the 6".

All that said, if you plan to stay with 35's, the superlift/mopar 4" is more than enough lift and will not only look great, but ride nice too.

Thank you very much! Yeah, I plan on staying with 35’s. I don’t see myself going to 37’s (anytime soon).

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 4” Superlift came with relocation brackets for all of the rear components and 3” coils

According to the instructions and Parts list on Superlift website only the 6” kits get these relocation brackets, 4” kit doesn’t show these parts on the Parts list nor the instructions.

post a pic of yours I’m curious if their instructions are incorrect and outdated.

Attachments

• FFFEBE1E-1FB0-4A64-B5DF-8640964B3582.jpg
    FFFEBE1E-1FB0-4A64-B5DF-8640964B3582.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
According to the instructions and Parts list on Superlift website only the 6” kits get these relocation brackets, 4” kit doesn’t show these parts on the Parts list nor the instructions.

post a pic of yours I’m curious if their instructions are incorrect and outdated.

I don’t have the kit yet! I’m still lookin at my options of either 4/6”.

OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interesting. The dealer I’m going to installs he Mopar 4” kits and will install the 6” as well.

Im telln’ Ya buddy, get everything they “tell you” in writing! Dealership will install lifts all day long, work is work and they’ll gladly take your money. This does not mean it’s covered under warranty!!!!!! The dealer isn’t going to warranty the lift, they will make a claim to Superlift, just like I would and have a replacement part sent.

Only benefit is the dealer might cover the labor to replace defective/broken part BUT I’D GET THAT IN WRITING. As shown above, if you read thru any factory warranty literature, none of the lift stuff will be covered under factory warranty.

Last edited:

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree get it in writing, dealer doesn’t warranty parts anyway, FCA does.

OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im telln’ Ya buddy, get everything they “tell you” in writing! Dealership will install lifts all day long, work is work and they’ll gladly take your money. This does not mean it’s covered under warranty!!!!!! The dealer isn’t going to warranty the lift, they will make a claim to Superlift, just like I would and have a replacement part sent.

Only benefit is the dealer might cover the labor to replace defective/broken part BUT I’D GET THAT IN WRITING. As shown above, if you read thru any factory warranty literature, none of the lift stuff will be covered under factory warranty.

Thanks for the info and I will ask for it in writing. I might have expressed it wrong, but I’m more concerned with my factory warranty than the lift parts. I can buy them all day long. I would rather everything else still be covered under warranty since the dealer installed it.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Installing the lift won’t void the rest of your factory warranty, essentially it voids coverage and the parts replaced by the lift. But let’s be honest, these lifts don’t just break and I wouldn’t worry about that too much as the lifts have their own warranty. And as far as the truck goes..........what it is rated to tow and haul is ALOT more strenuous than a lift and 35” tires

Throw on the lift & 35’s and enjoy!!!!!!

OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installing the lift won’t void the rest of your factory warranty, essentially it voids coverage and the parts replaced by the lift. But let’s be honest, these lifts don’t just break and I wouldn’t worry about that too much as the lifts have their own warranty. And as far as the truck goes..........what it is rated to tow and haul is ALOT more strenuous than a lift and 35” tires

Throw on the lift & 35’s and enjoy!!!!!!

Thanks for the info. One dealer near me told me any lift above 4” would void my factory warranty. However, another dealer a little bit away told me they would install 6”. I guess it is up to the different dealers.

I currently have my Bilsteins set at 2.8” with 35’s right now.

d6d4079f74f39ff2c80d15881cebd128.jpg

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the info. One dealer near me told me any lift above 4” would void my factory warranty. However, another dealer a little bit away told me they would install 6”. I guess it is up to the different dealers.

I currently have my Bilsteins set at 2.8” with 35’s right now.

d6d4079f74f39ff2c80d15881cebd128.jpg

If the dealer is willing, just get it in writing to save yourself the headache!

I started with Bils too.............you’ll love the 4” lift and 35’s, it a perfect combo for a daily driver and still fit in a parking deck (well, barely around here anyway).

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
e92d8e8712cc8e94c196d753f7c56516.jpgb01fab6d9615e082cf5c8bbcc7e6216d.jpge2309b11acf237ea5d371d30523e990a.jpg9cfaba737f685c018d2983e1d2a766d7.jpg722fadd4b5ae640d120b8b1e3cb3b86e.jpga5b501b2d184d42b1d7b94087aa11526.jpg03376225871bf0e8c930cf730035d198.jpg

I wanted to lift my old 12’ 1500 shortly after I got it but didn’t want to toss my warranty out the window either. Went to my Ram dealer and they told me that they could install a 2 1/2” Mopar Level spacer kit, or a 4” Mopar Suspension lift. Parts and labor about $6500 out the door. Yeah, no lol. Got the lift part number from Their Mopar parts catalog and found the lift (Made by Superlift) online for $1850 with Bilstein shocks. I talked to the service manager and asked if I had the kit installed would my warranty be void? He said as long as it’s got a Mopar part # it can be warrantied. Had the lift installed and 6mo later my steering rack goes bad. Took it into the dealer and they tried to tell me its cause of the lift and they can’t fix it. Brought me a big stack of papers stating that if the vehicle is altered they can’t do warranty work on it. He highlighted the part where it said that. The line right under where he highlighted clearly stated “excludes authentic Mopar accessories” well guess what! My lift matches the Mopar part # so I got my warranty work done! Lifts and warranties kinda vary by dealer... as far as turning a 4” into a 6”, you can’t. The drop brackets are different sizes, so are the spindles, and front spacers, rear coils, etc. What you can do, and what I did,is get the kit that comes with Bilsteins and adjust them to 1.4. After installing them at 0” the front was still lower than the back, so bumped them up and went from 34s(305/70R17) to 35s. My 4” with Bils at 1.4 on 35s was 1” shorter front and back vs a 6” on 35s4c6a9bc830659daf32bb20f39c05b9ff.jpg

Last edited:

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That’s one of the best w item ups and advice i’ve Seen on here yet!! If that doesn’t help you or answer your question....well your S.O.L man lol