4 inch superlift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

15_RaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guy i currently run the 4 inch superlift. Great lift had it in for about a year. But starting to have a small problem.
Im hearing a rattle noise coming from rear of truck, sounds like my rear springs vibrating when going over certain bumps. (just started) I think its because the rear coils are settled and now are sitting too loose now? I can almost move them with my hands and can repicate noise if i smack the springs, its like a annoying rattle that sounds like a spring.
Im not sure if this is normal, but it sucks because truck was whisper quiet and now i just get mad whenever i hear it.

Is there a fix for this? should i just throw some sand bags in back and see if alittle weight helps? or should i take her in to a shop.

Also truck has crazy rake it looks like stock just 4inches higher everywhere. Bilteins ok to add to this lift kit? and should I get movitechs as well?

thanks for any help

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Might want to take it back to the shop who did the install. I'm running the same lift and I don't have any noises (knock on wood). Running Bils would help with the rake, I'm running them and Superlift even sells them as an upgraded shock. UCA's are up to you, I'm still rock'n my stockers and I'm @ 55k miles, 31k of those leveled and/or lifted. Oh ya, 4 "lift has about 12k miles on it.

OP
OP

15_RaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
cool ya i cant stand the rake. I know my kit came with new bils all around. But im pretty sure the fronts are not adjustable.

And ill take it in about the noise. Im 95% sure its my springs rattling because theres not enough weight in the back

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I thought the Bils that came with the Superlift kit were the 5100 adjustables? I could be wrong, I bought the base kit since I leveled my truck with Bils before I purchased the lift.

Edit: just looked at the install instructions, you should have the adjustable 5100's.

Last edited:
OP
OP

15_RaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
no way im pretty sure they were just standard and werent the adjustables. If your right i need to look it up!

OP
OP

15_RaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
man i cant find what you found..do you have a link?

OP
OP

15_RaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
**** man you made my day!!!

OP
OP

15_RaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
had this kit for a year and didnt even know they were adjustable.

OP
OP

15_RaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Definitely take it back to the shop who installed it or even an authorized Superlift dealer.

Superlift has a great warranty.

Lifetime Warranty | Superlift
Hey guys so I'm having issues with lift I think. I dunno what's going on. Had tires balanced for 4th time in 2 years. Just had an alignment. Just had hubcentric rings installed. Had my bills adjusted few months back at halfway so my truck is level now.
I'm getting vibrations at highway speeds and it's starting to drive me crazy. It's not that bad but i definitely notice it. Not sure if I'm just picking up every little bump on highways or what..but if I go over 115 km truck feels sketchy and vibrates and shakes steering wheel sometimes. It's strange. Only happens on freeway or highways going over 90km.

Could this be because I have stock UCA's? Maby I'm getting driveshaft vibrations? I'm not really sure. Just trying to get some answers before I take it in. And wondering if anyone else has this issue

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

WiSH2oo0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4wd RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you ever fix the rear coils in your initial post or did it end up being something else? Maybe it's still something from the first problem you had.

OP
OP

15_RaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No but I called shop who installed lift they will do a look over. I honestly think I have a bad tire or something. It's strange..its pretty bad right in the 95km -110km range..its seems to smooth out after..

Tires are 35" Cooper mud terrain.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys so I'm having issues with lift I think. I dunno what's going on. Had tires balanced for 4th time in 2 years. Just had an alignment. Just had hubcentric rings installed. Had my bills adjusted few months back at halfway so my truck is level now.
I'm getting vibrations at highway speeds and it's starting to drive me crazy. It's not that bad but i definitely notice it. Not sure if I'm just picking up every little bump on highways or what..but if I go over 115 km truck feels sketchy and vibrates and shakes steering wheel sometimes. It's strange. Only happens on freeway or highways going over 90km.

Could this be because I have stock UCA's? Maby I'm getting driveshaft vibrations? I'm not really sure. Just trying to get some answers before I take it in. And wondering if anyone else has this issue

I've got the 4" Superlift with the stock UCA's & have no problems whatsoever with handling or vibrations. I commute 40 minutes to work each way at highway speed & the truck drives like a dream.

I think I'm running the same tire as you.....Cooper STT Pro's in 35's & they are an awesome tire. It is possible to have a bad tire though.

OP
OP

15_RaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya manby even a bad rim. I had my tires balanced 3 times since new only a year and a half old..and I think you could tell if I had a bad tire getting balancing done right? Who knows..
I'm starting to wonder if maby I'm just feeling road vibrations. Maby too much pressure in my tires? I dunno. It's kind of annoying though.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Op, sorry man, haven't been following along on to the forum over the summer. Have you tried having the tires road force balanced?

Stinks your still having issues. I'm right at 20k miles on my lift and she's running smooth (knocking on some wood again).

OP
OP

15_RaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Op, sorry man, haven't been following along on to the forum over the summer. Have you tried having the tires road force balanced?

Stinks your still having issues. I'm right at 20k miles on my lift and she's running smooth (knocking on some wood again).
Had it all figured out. It was my tires causing the vibration. I don't rotate them enough apparently. Tech ran his hands over tire treads and said right away it's my tires.

Because I had a alignment done, which was done perfectly. Ruled that out
And had tires road force balanced so could rule that out as well.
Couldn't be the lift because it was kind of intermittent.

Anyways with all that in mind the tech said my tires were shingling. Hard to explain but he did a side to rotation instead of back to back. And fixed the problem.
I'm a happy camper wasn't anything serious.

Bonus!

bd1cd303bcaca0df2ccca2da0a509e03.jpg

clays laramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
What setting on the billies are u? Any side pics? Nice looking truck

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Recently had a similar situation. 4" Supeelift, new 35" tires and wheels and had a vibration. Bought hub centric rings, swapped tires and still had vibrations. Discount Tire got me 4 new wheels and problem solved.