5 Inch Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazywoody

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hey guys I'm new here, i have a 2014 ram 1500 Laramie CC.

I have a weird request but would like to know if you guys have any input.

Im looking to run a 4 inch suspension lift, with bilsteins up front.

My question is if i raise the bilsteins up to say 1.4inch i will have around 5 inches of lift up front leaving me with a big rear rake.. is there anyway i can add an inch spacer or something adding to the rear to level it out and make the whole truck 5 inches total lift after I've lifted it with a 4 inch lift.

Ive thought hard about doing a 6 inch lift but i don't like the look of 35 on a 6 inch and I'm running 20x9 2016 longhorn rims so 37s will look pretty skinny on a 20x9...

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks!

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Is your truck 4x4?
What lift are you referring to? Link would help.

Ive thought hard about doing a 6 inch lift but i don't like the look of 35 on a 6 inch and I'm running 20x9 2016 longhorn rims so 37s will look pretty skinny on a 20x9...

This doesn't make any sense, but we'll get to that later.

IMO

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

crazywoody

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
yes sorry it's 4x4 and I'm looking at either a RCX 4inch or Mopar 4 inch. In general they are all the same basic setup.

To me 37's on a 20x9 compared to 20x10 looks like the truck skipped leg day.. it just doesn't have that meaty look IMO.

OP
OP
C

crazywoody

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
Could i install a 1 inch spacer lets say in the rear at the bottom of the coil? 1 inch being because i want a 5 inch total lift 4+1=5..? or do i need to add a bigger spacer at the top?

Can this even be done?.. the front is simple so that is covered. (Bilsteins)

OP
OP
C

crazywoody

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
the mopar super lift is virtually the same thing as the rcx.. it only includes all 4 bilstein struts all around. The cross members are a little different and the skid plate.. it still uses the spacers.

Im wondering how much lower the front will sit with just the 4 inch lift installed. That way if i set the bilsteins to lets say 2 inches, and stack a 1 inch spacer in the rear. will i acquire the total 5 inch lift i desire?

OP
OP
C

crazywoody

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
if you mount a 12.5 inch wide tire on a 9 inch wide rim, compared to a 10 it will look more skinny then a 10.. the wider the rims the more the tires will stretch out..

its going to look wider on a 10 inch rim compared to a 9.. this is what i mean.

Hemipower392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm missing 2 cylinders
the mopar super lift is virtually the same thing as the rcx.. it only includes all 4 bilstein struts all around. The cross members are a little different and the skid plate.. it still uses the spacers.

Im wondering how much lower the front will sit with just the 4 inch lift installed. That way if i set the bilsteins to lets say 2 inches, and stack a 1 inch spacer in the rear. will i acquire the total 5 inch lift i desire?

It's hard to answer that, some trucks even after lifted still have rake, for example my 07 had a 4 inch RCX (rode horribly) but it had a lot of rake, my 14' has a 4.5 inch kit and sits perfectly level. The only issue with throwing a spacer on the rear is that 4 inch kits already come with a rear spacer. So you would have to set the bils at the desired height after the lift, throw the rear spacers the lift supplied out measure your rake and get a larger rear spacer that will level it out.

Hemipower392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm missing 2 cylinders
if you mount a 12.5 inch wide tire on a 9 inch wide rim, compared to a 10 it will look more skinny then a 10.. the wider the rims the more the tires will stretch out..

Yes it will.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Only the sidewall stretches out. The tread of the tire is the same width no matter the width of the rim, so long that it's not to narrow then the tread would start to wrap around the sides. A 12.50 looks fine on a x9, especially in 37, you probably wouldn't tell the difference between the two rim sizes by looking at the tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

crazywoody

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
It's hard to answer that, some trucks even after lifted still have rake, for example my 07 had a 4 inch RCX (rode horribly) but it had a lot of rake, my 14' has a 4.5 inch kit and sits perfectly level. The only issue with throwing a spacer on the rear is that 4 inch kits already come with a rear spacer. So you would have to set the bils at the desired height after the lift, throw the rear spacers the lift supplied out measure your rake and get a larger rear spacer that will level it out.

Thats what I'm getting at, I'm not sure if theres any company other that makes a rear spacer to make the truck level at around 5 inches in the rear.

Anyone know how big the rear spacer actually is in a 4 inch lift? Is it 4 inches or 3.5 etc?

What would really help me is if someone had fender measurements of a 4 inch lift with 35s. Then i could compare it to someone who has a 5 inch lift. (3inch body lift and level)..

OP
OP
C

crazywoody

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
Only the sidewall stretches out. The tread of the tire is the same width no matter the width of the rim, so long that it's not to narrow then the tread would start to wrap around the sides. A 12.50 looks fine on a x9, especially in 37, you probably wouldn't tell the difference between the two rim sizes by looking at the tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats what I'm thinking.. I'm looking to run 325/60/r20 Duratracs and get me truck to a 5 inch lift somehow.. 6 inch being to big for 35s IMO and 4 inch lift being to small IMO.

OP
OP
C

crazywoody

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
66-1031.jpg

Could i stack something like this in the rear (1 inch spacer) in-between the coil and the new 4 inch lift rear spacer? There for giving me 5 inch of rear lift and then i can adjust my bilsteins up front accordingly

Hemipower392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm missing 2 cylinders
Expensive but great quality, BDS offers a 4 inch system that comes with a 2" coil spacer in the rear.... BUT in the description you can get a 3" rear coil spacer if desired. So maybe you can contact BDS and get that 3 inch coil spacer if you dont want their lift