Adding on to Maxtrac 4.5 lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramdo5185

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I currently have maxtrac 4.5" lift spindles on the front and their 3" lift springs on the rear. Trucks sits perfectly level. I put on 35x12s and it looks a little stuffed for my liking.

I want to go a little higher without going a full 7" lift because all the 7" maxtrac lifts look a little nose high. I already have the 1.5" rear spacers, so would ordering a 1 or 1.5" daystar spacer for the front work? Would I need longer front shocks for that or could I keep stock? I run the bilstiens in the rear.

Kid's HEMI! !!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the 7" on mine I ended up swapping out the rear spacer for a 2.5" . I have 1/2" rake

Raminwil

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram LongHorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
you have no problems with the rear by going up that much? nothing wrong with eh track or sway bars being at a bad angle?

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the 7" lift up front and the 1 1/2" blocks with the 4" springs in the back and it puts my front 1/2" higher than the rear. Can barely notice it.

Kids hemi, where did you get the 2 1/2" blocks front? I'd love my rake to be to the front instead of the rear.

Raminwil, if anything, you would just need a longer bracket for the panhard bar to level it out.

You can see the block here.
IMG_20160109_103826917_HDR_zps9nizfei5.jpg

Kid's HEMI! !!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It only went up an inch I've had no problems since

Kid's HEMI! !!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the 7" lift up front and the 1 1/2" blocks with the 4" springs in the back and it puts my front 1/2" higher than the rear. Can barely notice it.

Kids hemi, where did you get the 2 1/2" blocks front? I'd love my rake to be to the front instead of the rear.

Raminwil, if anything, you would just need a longer bracket for the panhard bar to level it out.

I got it off eBay but they're from performance accessories 2.5 spacer gave me 1/2" rake

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gotcha. Yeah, I know the extra inch would give you the rake the other way. Mine is exactly 1/2" to the rear.

OP
OP
R

Ramdo5185

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
you have no problems with the rear by going up that much? nothing wrong with eh track or sway bars being at a bad angle?

I already have the track bar drop bracket, end link drop brackets and driveshaft spacer kit installed.

Maxtrac Suspension

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8

Who's 4" coils do you have in the rear if I may ask?

Maxtrac Suspension

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
So maxtrac is that fine to run it that high in the back?

Wish I could tell you but we have never had anybody use a taller spacer than our 1.5" with our 3" rear coils. I just don't know what will happen. I'm sure the axle will be pushed over but I really don't know how the truck will react without having tested a different size spacer back there. Sorry wish I knew more about it

Kid's HEMI! !!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just measured my axle with the 2.5 spacer in the back my axle is off a 1/4 more to the passenger side everything rides good it's been on there for about 3 weeks

Kid's HEMI! !!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One more thing I need to add cuz it's more of a safety thing the spacers that I got we're not bored enough where it sits on top of the axle a buddy of mine has a machine shop and bored them out an extra quarter inch deeper otherwise this spring would rock back and forward on the axle I didn't like it

And as far as install goes I never took everything apart like the instructions tell you to I ended up going to Harbor Freight getting some spring compressors leaving the truck on the ground compressing the spring then jacking up the truck so the axle goes down and swapping out the spacers I did it less than 45 minutes

Last edited:

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wish I could tell you but we have never had anybody use a taller spacer than our 1.5" with our 3" rear coils. I just don't know what will happen. I'm sure the axle will be pushed over but I really don't know how the truck will react without having tested a different size spacer back there. Sorry wish I knew more about it

You guys need to offer a 2-inch spacer so we can level our truck back off with the lift kit instead of having it sagging to the rear! Right now with the 7 inch kit and all the pieces that come in it and with the extra one and a half inch spacer I am currently sitting one half an inch higher in the front then in the rear.

Maxtrac Suspension

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
You guys need to offer a 2-inch spacer so we can level our truck back off with the lift kit instead of having it sagging to the rear! Right now with the 7 inch kit and all the pieces that come in it and with the extra one and a half inch spacer I am currently sitting one half an inch higher in the front then in the rear.

The problem is these trucks vary so much when it comes to factory rake. Most trucks that install our 7"/4.5" kit are sitting level. But just this last week I had two guys say they were sitting rear end tall after installing our kit. I have also had other people say they are sitting slightly lower after install like you. There's just no way for us to predict how each individual truck will come sitting off the lot so we tried our best to set it up with what we thought was the most practical

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Offer different height spacers then? The spacers don't take but about 15 mins to install. I've taken mine out before to try and find a fix to a squeak that's still back there. Haven't quite pin pointed it out yet.

Maxtrac Suspension

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Offer different height spacers then? The spacers don't take but about 15 mins to install. I've taken mine out before to try and find a fix to a squeak that's still back there. Haven't quite pin pointed it out yet.

Have you contacted our tech support to go over it and see if they can help resolve the issue?

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, not yet. Won't really help unless I know what the problem is. At first I thought it was my control arms, so I put my factory ones back in, that didn't fix it. So then I check the springs and spacers. Even went as far as putting rubber under the spacers to see if that would fix it, it didn't. Last thing to check is the shocks. I do know that the ring around the bottom of the bolt hole on the top of the shocks is a little big and you can't fully tighten the bolt completely without biting down on that ring. I'm going to take the shock off and cut down both sides a little bit and see if that's where the squeaking is coming from.