Bilstein 2.8" + 3" PA BL + 20x12 + 35x12.50

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So this cabin fever has set in for being in the house snowed/iced in for 3 days. I decided to venture out to my local dealer (less than 2 miles away) and kill some time. They had 3 4th gens lifted 6" each using FabTech lifts. 1 on 35x12.50x20 Trail Grapplers on some what appeared to be 20x9 Monsters. The other 2 both had "Ultra" wheels I believe that look even narrower, or had a much more positive offset because they sat in more in comparison to the Monsters, but these 2 had 37" Mickey Thompsons! On the ones on 37s I could see where they trimmed out the lower bumper valence but nothing on the door side in the fender wells, surely it doesn't rub or they wouldn't sell a brand new truck that way???? Regardless after seeing the 6" Lift on 35s in person I definitely don't think 20x12 would fit. Back to the drawing board!!!

Now after reading the "Dealerships Installing Body Lifts" thread I may try to negotiate that into the truck deal and save myself some manual labor. The kit is supposedly 2" leveling kit + 3" PA body lift and still retains all factory warranties. Not a bad gig. If this was the case, and I'd have 5"s of lift, I think I would go with some tall 33x12.50s and run the 20x12s with no rubbing.

[/URL]

I have 35's with 2.5inch front level and a 3inch PA BL... running 17x9 rims with 35x12.5 Toyo MT's and I dont rub, the offset on my rims is +20, however im running 1 inch wheel spacers (25.4mm) thus creating a -5.4mm offset, i think your going to have issues, cause when i turn my wheels to the right and get out and look at the drivers side it sits about 1.5inchs from the corner of the fender (38mm away) i dont rub anywhere though.

ramin44s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Loved your 2wd followed it through its stages that was a nice truck, 3500 looks good to I say just do a 6" rcx lift and run the x12s and 35s I thinkyoud still make it in the garage also you'd have the option to add bilsteins or body lift later on if you decide to

BigSexyBlue05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 dodge ram quad express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cant wait to see what you go with

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Great "real world" info white beauty, exactly what I need to make all my calculations

just remember my toyos at 12.5 are really a 13inch wide. so if you put a metric size that is close to an actual 12.5 you gain an extra 1/4 from my spacing.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
TBD EcoDiesel
Spent some more bored time on another chop...this one should be (as close as I could measure in Photoshop) a pretty good rendering of 5"s of lift and 33s...at the last minute I through in the red grill inserts, on the fence about it, but could look good for a "theme"

NewRainChopcopy_zps5b701e66.jpg

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That's cool. I'd match the strip to the grille if you go that route. I think it could look sweet.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
TBD EcoDiesel
I think I have a winner...courtesy of member Tqm761 for the pics of his 2" Level + 3" PA BL Outdoorsman on facotry 20s/33s I could easily chop a pic of the exact truck height and tire height...this is 5" of lift on 33s on 20x12

5inon33s20x12NORED_zps010a828e.jpg

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
is your truck actually being ordered with the ( power wagon ) paint scheme ???? or is that your pretty good photo shop skills lol. ????

That looks sick btw ! I really hope you can pull this off.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
TBD EcoDiesel
is your truck actually being ordered with the ( power wagon ) paint scheme ???? or is that your pretty good photo shop skills lol. ????

That looks sick btw ! I really hope you can pull this off.

It is being ordered with the Outdoorsman Paint Scheme of Bright White Upper and Black Clear Coat Lower. I will just add the red stripe as I really liked that look on the power wagons.

mine is only 4.3" lol

You think the 5" will be too much for the 33s? I've only seen a handful of pics of your truck and each one is just at an awkward angle where I can't really make out the look with the lift on 33s / 20x12. Do you have a bunch of pics hiding somewhere that you can share? :popcorn:

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
TBD EcoDiesel
So after seeing some different width / offsets in person I've definitely decided to pass on the 20x12s. I also have fallen in love with the Laramie Longhorn interior and I'm considering (depending on what kind of deal I can negotiate) pursuing the Longhorn. I'm pretty OCD when it comes to black / brown and wouldn't want the luxurious brown interior with an aggressive style black exterior. I've built 2 white / black theme trukcs and I think I want to mix it up this time. Lots up in the air but I thought I'd share some more photoshop boredom. If I went the Longhorn route I would do 22" Bronze XD Monsters on 35s, still with the 2.8 Bilsteins and the 3" PA BL (once available for the EcoDiesel). Before and after for comparison:

m-1500-Laramie-EcoDiesel-front-view-02_zpse39db598.jpg

AllWhite-Bronzecopycopy_zps9cc9f190.jpg

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Straighten out the wheel, you're gonna wreck!!!! lol

Think it will look sweet. :)

Thor09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I loved your old trucks, I remember seeing them before. I like seeing your thought process. I really think you would rub with the 20x12. I think you could pull of 20x10 -24 but not 20x12 -44. Good luck and I can't wait to see your progress on this truck, I'm sure it will be impressive.
On a side note, I'm just noticing that the 2014 outdoorsmans are going with a black 2 tone instead of the mineral grey 2 tone like my current truck. I do like your 1st rendering with the white/black on page 1, looks pretty sharp man!

slodsm

Life begins at -160f
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been stuck on this dilemma myself for about 4 days and with no definitive answer I gave up and ordered them with 33's. I like low and wide so I'm going with it. Should be by the first of the year. I think I'm going to take out my leveling kit at the same time and put bilsteins all the way around since I've got 103k on the stock shocks now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk