Bilstein install quote

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Discount tire which is has shops all over central michigan quoted me at $500.00 for Bils + install.

I'm waiting until I need new tires and will try to snag a package deal to ease the pain a little.

Bertulis43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What size/tires ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going with the st maxx 275/65/20.

Question for you guys. Dealership just emailed me and say the would give me a deal on my truck and want it. I think there just trying to drag me in there but I ordered my bils and if they happened to give me a deal to walk away with a 16 would the bils 5100 fit on a left over 15 or a 16 big horn or an express?

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
$500 is not a bad deal for the shocks, installation and alignment. The shop I am at charges $120 an hour for labor and an alignment is $89.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
They must have gold plated tools.

Bertulis, the dealership doesn't give a **** about your truck, nor is there a customer that is requesting your exact model. It's all cold call tactics to get you to the dealership. Your best deal right now would be on a new 2015.

Bertulis43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They must have gold plated tools.

Bertulis, the dealership doesn't give a **** about your truck, nor is there a customer that is requesting your exact model. It's all cold call tactics to get you to the dealership. Your best deal right now would be on a new 2015.

I'm not even gonna waste my time on the dealership. I messed up in the beginning by not getting a cc instead I got the quad. First truck I got. Would the bils fit a 15?

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm not even gonna waste my time on the dealership. I messed up in the beginning by not getting a cc instead I got the quad. First truck I got. Would the bils fit a 15?

Yes they will. QC is where it's at if you prefer bed space. Unless you get cc with full size bed.

OP
OP
W

Weedstar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500QC 4x4
Engine
I just got another price of $540. The two shops are only about 5 miles apart.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Your driving the wrong direction. You need to turn around and go the other direction--maybe they will get cheaper :naughty::naughty:
Jay

ruskibrewski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I tried to install the bilsteins myself today and had to stop at the lower shock bolt. It just wouldn't go anywhere. No matter how hard I tried and every tool used with exception of cutting it. I'll probably have to go buy a new bolt and try to cut the existing one out. This job had so far been a pita.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I just ordered my bils off of jet.com and paid $141 and the shop that's doing my install is $1500 for tires mounted and balanced and my bils to be installed.

I just ordered mine from Jet.com as well and paid $152 for them. How'd you get them for $141?? Lol!

Adam

Bertulis43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just ordered mine from Jet.com as well and paid $152 for them. How'd you get them for $141?? Lol!

Adam

I used the 15now code, and I used my visa debit card so it gave me a little more off.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I used the 15now code, and I used my visa debit card so it gave me a little more off.

That's exactly what I did. I guess they must have liked you better... :flipthebird: Lol! Kidding man, but that's great that you got a good deal. Today was just the first of many purchases for my lift install.... Hehehe

Adam

Bertulis43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's exactly what I did. I guess they must have liked you better... :flipthebird: Lol! Kidding man, but that's great that you got a good deal. Today was just the first of many purchases for my lift install.... Hehehe

Adam

I probably know what it is. Did you have to pay tax? Yeah, I'm working on doing a few minor things.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I tried to install the bilsteins myself today and had to stop at the lower shock bolt. It just wouldn't go anywhere. No matter how hard I tried and every tool used with exception of cutting it. I'll probably have to go buy a new bolt and try to cut the existing one out. This job had so far been a pita.

Not trying to ask a stupid question.. But I don't know you and I wasn't there ;).... Did you have a wrench on one end and socket on the other? If not it will just spin. Again, lol, I'm sorry if this offends you.

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have been looking into bilsteins also but cannot find a shop willing to do it on my 2015 unless i replace the upper control arm also due to oem stuff not being strong enough. I also called a local 4x4 shop and got the same response

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's Rediclous!
If your not capable of doing the job yourself and your truly restricted to having a shop do the install , then go to www.rockauto.com purchase the Mevotecs and give them to the shop to install . The Mevotecs are solid UCAs and have a greasable ball joint . There only $100 for both ..
I'd sand and paint them first though , people say they rust bad if not painted . I painted mine with VHT Chassis paint first , mine have aprox 6k miles on them and no rust at all . The Mevotecs are a great product imo.
Hope this helps !

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Its an option, im more than capable of doing the job just dont have the time right now

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

ruskibrewski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
None taken. I got the nut off, couldn't get the bolt to budge. I believe the bolt is rusted frozen on the inner sleeve of the bushing. The only way to get it out would be a cutting torch.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
None taken. I got the nut off, couldn't get the bolt to budge. I believe the bolt is rusted frozen on the inner sleeve of the bushing. The only way to get it out would be a cutting torch.

I used a punch and a hammer... It was a little tuff. I also disconnected the uca first.