Bilstein install quote

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
The install isn't that bad. I had a friend help(actually do) it for me. I'm good with my hands but never been a car type of guy...He has done lots of work to his jeep ( lift and other things ). I've sorta regretted doing it myself because I've had a squeak or rub ever since and cant figure it out. We did take 1 side apart to try to find it but its still there. Wish now I'd paid for the install, at least if it squeaked I could have taken it back. I may go up to the 2.8 setting and have a shop do it to see if its still there... drives me freaking insane every time I hit a speed bump or go out of a driveway. good luck

Just read a thread about that, yesterday.

Seems that nylon piece, top of the strut gets pinched. When installing,don't leave the strut fully extended, lift it , just abit, then the nylon thingy does not get boogered up and no squeeks.

I have no idea what the thread is atalking about, researching bilstein problems when I came across it but will make darn sure to check it out, when I do my install.

Google
Bilstein 5100 squeak - top shock bolt

Last edited:

big_red06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Bighorn
Engine
hemi 5.7
i paid 300 for all 4 billsteins online and 225 for the install 75 for alignment it was -5 f so me doing the install wasnt going to happen lol im happy with the price they came out great what a difference in height and ride had them set at 2.1

Last edited:

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i paid 300 for all 4 billsteins online and 225 for the install 75 for alignment it was -5 f so me doing the install wasnt going to happen lol im happy with the price they came out great what a difference in height and ride had them set at 2.1
That's not a bad price to pay for the install at all , I'd charge $300 just for the front in my shop , and that wouldn't include the alignment.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
That's not a bad price to pay for the install at all , I'd charge $300 just for the front in my shop , and that wouldn't include the alignment.

Dayummm lol. I'd charge someone $150 and a 12 pack.

And no, the spring plate will not be upside down. [emoji6]

IMO

Last edited:

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dayummm lol. I'd charge someone $150 and a 12 pack.

IMO
Lol , I'd get the job done right the first time ....

I seem to remember the beer was your issue with your first go around with Bilstien's and improper washer placement. Lol knee slapper !

I don't always drink beer when installing Bilstien's , but when I do , I fix what I did wrong the next day.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
JUST got mine done, but on the wrong setting $200 plus an $80 alignment. Paid that just in time to see that I should install the coil upgrade. I didn't want to be that level.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I paid roughly $400...including a 3 year free alignment about 2 years ago at a NTB in NJ. Not to bad in my eyes. I think the alignment and rotation pays for itself. When the spring starts, I'm taking it over to get rotated, balanced and aligned. Then when I take it home, oil change, CAI and cleaning out my TB.
since I'm almost at 30k ...I'm debating on either changing my plugs, or taking it to the dealer.

**Truck name: Rampage**

big_red06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Bighorn
Engine
hemi 5.7

Yea I thought I did good on the price of the install and now with my Billsteins set @2.1 and new tires (Baja Atz p3s 305/55/R20s) My truck sits and rides exactly they way I wanted it to Actually better than I expected couldn't be happier

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I just paid $95 per wheel and $149.99 for a lifetime alignment at Meineke for my install.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk