Body lift??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
Thinking about a 1.5 body lift? Problems:
1) won’t my nerf bars look dumb with a gap?
2)exhaust tips?
3) gap in front or rear bumper?

Anything else? Nerf bars are my major problem??

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nerf bars on these trucks are attached to the boby, no gap issue there.

Others have reported being able to slightly adjust tailpipe or you could bump up the tip size.......5” looks really nice.

BL kit should have the hardware to move bumpers accordingly

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
Ahh cool. Yeah I have 5” tips already. Have a magnaflow cat back. Thinking about the body lift..hhhmm. I have a 6” suspension but you know how it goes, bigger is always better lol
No issues with body lifts as far as looks??

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone have any visual or mechanical issues with their body lift. It’s nice that dodges have the inner fender wells so you can honestly hardly notice the body lift. Is there very noticeable gaps at the bumpers or do they come with brackets? Just looking to do a 1.5 body lift on top of my lift now, just to give it that little bit more lol.

Spoon91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Pa.hemi,
I have the 1.5in Zone Body Lift on my 2016 1500 and I Love it!!!
I cut my exhaust off flush with the muffler so I didn't have an issue with the exhaust tips and the Zone kit comes with everything to move the bumpers up.
It took me about 8 hours to put it on by myself but I'm also very OCD about doing mods.

I have had Zero problems out of the kit. I have been more than happy with it performance wise and cosmetically.

Spoon91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just be ready to tear the whole front end of your truck off just to get to the body mounts.

Attachments

• IMG_2399.jpg
    IMG_2399.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 77

Spoon91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Again.

Attachments

• IMG_2400.jpg
    IMG_2400.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 61

Spoon91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And another.

Attachments

• IMG_2401.jpg
    IMG_2401.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 56

Spoon91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This was last December.
The finished product.
I only have a TGC 2" leveling kit and the body lift. Yes I know I need bigger tires but I can't justify getting rid of these until they wear out considering these barely have 20,000 miles on them.

Attachments

• IMG_2406.jpg
    IMG_2406.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 96
OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Spoon looks good! Thank you.

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
I’ve got Zone 1.5” body lifts on both of mine, zero problems and install is pretty easy.

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Easy install? How long they take! Sucks ya gotta pull front end all apart..lol.
Think i’m Gonna order one. They look nice. Will gimme a hair more lift...never have enough

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was planning on a 4 inch zone but then decided to go bils 2.8, 1.5 rear spacer, and 1.5 body lift. Will technically even after settling give me a very tiny bit more lift than the 4 inch alone would have and cost 1/4 the price.

My Ram dealer installs a bunch of 4 inch lifts on new trucks on the lot and they look good. I think I'll be happy with that. I had 6 inches on my Silverado and always wanted to go higher though so who knows haha

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think somebody had BL for sale here

Spoon91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I really enjoy my Zone body lift Pa.Hemi.
I've had it on for almost a year with zero issues. I recently had a tree fall on my Truck during hurricane Irma here in Georgia and the body lift live through it easily. Should be getting Him back from the body shop next week. I'm more than excited since it's been over a month and $8000.00 Worth of damage to Him since it happened.

But as far as the body lift is concern, it has held up through mild off-roading, roughly 19,000 miles of daily driving and a Hurricane without issue Lmao.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Along with leveling on each Ram I had a 3" BL on my 03 , a 1.5 on my 07 and now on my 14 I have a 1.5 which will be replaced by a 3 soon. The tail pipes have plenty of adjustment to look perfect on a 1.5" . Adjustment takes about 5 minutes if that . Have a vibe I can't get rid of so I am swapping out the Quick lifts for Bilsteins set at 1.4 and 3" BL to get me about where I am height wise now. BL's work fine on the Rams and look fine .

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Time frame what’s it take to install with a lift? How much do I have to tear apart?? Need anything special? Thanks for info so far guys!

Spoon91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Like I've said Pa,
It took me about 8 hours but I took my sweet time with it to make sure EVERYTHING was right. I'm sure it could be done much faster if you had some help here and there.

I did mine solo and like I said I'm very OCD about mods.
I highly recommend getting the Zone body lift as it is rocksolid and you don't have to modify the grounding cable's, steering knuckle or fuel line to make it work properly.

No you don't need anything special. Just a few handtools, sockets and a cutting wheel for the rear bumper is all.

Tpearson515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also installed a zone 1.5 body lift on top of my level kit. Very happy with it, took me about 5 hours to do after work with no issues. One thing I recommend is I painted everything that I used a grinder on or cut to protect, because I live in New England.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dirty from upstate NY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Anyone have any visual or mechanical issues with their body lift. It’s nice that dodges have the inner fender wells so you can honestly hardly notice the body lift. Is there very noticeable gaps at the bumpers or do they come with brackets? Just looking to do a 1.5 body lift on top of my lift now, just to give it that little bit more lol.

Nope! I have a pro comp 6" lift and the 1.5" body lift. Everything went together perfect. Cant tel it has a body lift and all you need to do is loosen up your exhaust tips and angle them up to close the new gap you created. If you need pics of specific things, PM me.....I'll help you out wherever I can. I just did my install back in july.

PS,

Make sure your bed is aligned after the lift....before you torque everything down. I didnt and have to re adjust the bed sometime soon LOL!.