Body lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012GABIGHORN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok here is the deal, I come from a back ground of slammed trucks now I have my new baby and slamming her seems like a crime to me. I want to put a body lift on her to test these new waters out ya know nothing too over the top yet, anyway point being is my truck has the front tow hooks on her and I would rather not have to lop them off or have them not sit in their factory slots in the bumper. Will this become an issue once I start modifying? And if so what are ways around it, I'm stoked to get her lifted and see what's what but those hooks seem to pose and issue. Anyone have an answer? Help me out here please

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Only was with a body lift to keep them in the same position is by making a bracket for them. I personally say do a body lift. I just got mine done and love it.

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Yup.what he said, gotta do some fabbing to get them to fit! But I definitely agree, do a body lift.. I also love mine!!

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
If you use your imagination, you can come up with something. My last truck was an 01 F-150 that I installed a 3 inch body lift on. I found that a set of OEM towhooks from a 88-98 GM 4x4 fit perfectly inside the frame rails of the for and lined up perfectly with the cutouts in the Ford's bumper valance.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP, here is another option.....not that I am steering you away from a body lift.
But you do what to get your feet wet.
Why not go with a 2.5" level? Its 1/2" off in the front from a body lift (providing you go 3") and it will level you truck.
Body lift will lift your truck front and rear and not rid of the rake our trucks have.

This way, if you want to go higher, you can always add that body lift shortly after....or a suspension lift (providing you go the Bilstein level route)

Just throwing another angle out there....and you can use tow hooks (until you decide to go body lift)
But Musclemckeester has a thread on here where he fabbed his tow hooks to work....but you will lose strength when you fab them

that white kid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i love my body lift and i just took off the tow hooks knowing i didnt want them in the first place but my dad did so i said whatever its a new truck

raptor1797

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes , do the level kit first and then you can decide if you want the body lift at a later time. ( you will want it though ! ) lol

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Raptor is right do the level first then do the body lift I love mine.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes , do the level kit first and then you can decide if you want the body lift at a later time. ( you will want it though ! ) lol

Raptor is right do the level first then do the body lift I love mine.

As I mentioned the option above....do the level. Its one thing you will never regret.
Add as you need.

But again, IF you are going to do a suspension lift vs a body lift I STRONGLY recommend the Bilstein 5100s as they are stack-able
OR
if you want a spacer...make sure its a Pre Load and NOT a strut spacer as its stack-able too.