Ease of spindle lift installation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aIIan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2O14
Engine
For those of you who have installed a spindle lift or have knowledge of the process how difficult is the install on a scale of one to ten?

My 4" kit came in today and 'm wondering if I can tackle it myself. Reading the instructions it doesn't seem too difficult. Looks like I might have the most problems working with the springs and ball joints.

Any advice?

Last edited:

012RAMbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Me and a buddy installed mine in about 3 hours or so. I have done several suspension installs and so has he. I would rate it about a 6 by yourself, or a 4 if you have some help. Doesn't matter if they know what they are doing, just the extra set of hands helps a ton. You won't have to worry about the springs or shocks, you won't have to touch them. We used air tools and jack stands, no vehicle lift. Your ball joints shouldn't be bad at all. Back the top ball joint nut almost off, then take the bottom one all the way off. That way the spindle won't fall when you knock the lower ball joint out. Watch a few videos on youtube about bleeding the brakes. I had never done them before until I did my spindle lift. Wasn't hard at all, took about 15 minutes. And you will definitely need another person when bleeding the lines. One at the brake pedal and one at the end of the brake lines. And one more hint. I accidentally bent the dust cover on the front rotor a little during my install. It was rubbing the rotor and made a horrible squeaking grinding sound. Luckily that was an easy fix, but it's easy to bend it and not notice it either lol. If you need anything else I might be able to help.

Last edited:
OP
OP
aIIan

aIIan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2O14
Engine
Thanks man, it looks like the weather gods have other plans today though :banghead:

gopackgo69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi ****
Spindle lifts are easy. I had to switch my brake lines around passenger side to drivers side. I bleed my brakes myself, I used a 16" 2x4 and my seats electric back and forth deal to put pressure on the brake.

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where you been gopackgo69?? lol I remember you helping me out back in the day on DT when it came to spindles! Get a new truck?

rod11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Allan,

Did you ever install those spindles? I'm looking at some 4" spindles to also install myself and am interested in your results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk