leveling kit question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mattyhfd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't know who to use?

I plan on getting a leveling kit very soon? Going with the spacers bc I like the ride as is. I just don't know which brand spacer to use..... Any recommendations???

tkyle486

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bilstein 5100!!!!!!!

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you like your current ride, make sure you get a spacer that spaces the strut assy and not a coil spacer.

HellBent Steel seems to be a very popular choice. I hear there is something to assuring they are rotated correctly before installed.

mjd91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
HBS.
Unless you need new shocks or want a stiffer ride (from what I've read here) there's no need to spend way more money for the Bilsteins to get the same result.

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The stiffer ride of the bils is momentary. Mine have settled in to being way smoother than stock.

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey man, you got 4 threads, all started in 24hrs, in the lifted section (back to back to back to back) all about leveling kits. Try to keep related topics in the same thread :) helps eliminate clutter. Also, try the search function :)

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Doesn't leveling with shocks transfer the stress that should be on the springs to the shock mounts? Anyone have any trouble with shock mounts from this? It used to be an issue in the old days with Monroe Load Leveler shocks and air shocks that we stuck under our hot rods.

OP
OP
M

mattyhfd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
HBS 2" leveling review

Thinking about purchasing this. Anyone who has it, what are your thoughts? Quality? Will it last? How will it hold up with use off road? thanks

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bro come on now! You're killing us with 5 threads about leveling kits in the past 2 days! PLEASE use the search function before posting these threads. I promise ALL of your questions have been answered MULTIPLE times!

OP
OP
M

mattyhfd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When ever I type something into the search, I get "sorry-no results" or something similar to that. I know how forums work and how searches work, I've been on jeep jk forums forever, so sorry I'm killing you.

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
strange, I found 12 pages worth of 100+ threads that discuss information about HBS when I used the search....? lol

OP
OP
M

mattyhfd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The following errors occurred with your search:
Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : HBS
Search by Keyword

Funny, like I said, I can't search anything.....? Glad it works for you, doesn't for me

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not here to fight man, but we see these questions almost everyday, frustrating to say the least.

Takes just about 30min to scroll through and search to find your answers.

It wouldnt bug me so much if this was just one thread, but when you create 5 threads relative to each other its frustrating for us all. Roll up your sleeves and dig through the forum man, youll find alot of other good information too. Or just keep asking questions in a single thread :) ;)

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I don't see a problem with posting a new thread about a question they have. The search on PHP forums isn't exactly intuitive. With that said, please don't create multiple threads about the same topic. I'd just stick with something like "Leveling Questions" and ask all your questions there.

Hey mods, can we get a cleanup on isle 6. :happy175:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i merged all the threads together.

Now to answer your question. HBS makes quality level kits. I have a 2" on my truck. No problems at all. I can't answer your question on holding up to off road abuse as i don't do that, but i see no reason why they wouldn't

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd
Engine
Hemi 5.7