Passenger side Strut "issue"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cullen17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So i have no idea how this happened or even when but i was going down a dirt road yesterday no major potholes or anything like that and i heard some squeeking twords my front passenger side and i got out and noticed this.....

was it the Strut that failed causing this or the mount? and what is my best solution to fix it?
I have the bilstein adjustable struts for the front less than a year old if that helps any

YxD1fN5.jpg
0BOxrn0.jpg

carnage521

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To me it looks like that washer wasn't installed on the underside of upper strut mount. I'm sure you can find posts on here about the proper way to install it. I wouldn't doubt the strut is still serviceable but you need a new upper strut mount.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

carnage521

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh and I would inspect the other side to make sure you don't have the same issue on your hands.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Express SN95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm gonna go with washer placement is the culprit of this. It almost looks like by the picture that the shaft was rubbing up and down making the hole bigger which resulted in the failure. Did you notice any clunking or anything before the failure?

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What these fellas said, I had the exact same thing happen to mine. The improper placement of the washer will eventually bore out the the hole of the strut mount until something like that happens.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Tuned in.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd be hitting up the installer of the bils .....unless it's your own handy work
Pretty common mistake on the washer placement .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk