Pulled the Trigger: RC 2.5'' level + 1.75 rear Spacer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zotes1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
So on ebay i got a brand new Rough Country front 2.5 inch front level kit with the 1.75'' rear coil spacer Should be in by Thursday the 29th. I Will be installing it myself (and my brother) :cheers:

The kit:
rough-country-2-5-suspension-lift-kit-2009-2012-dodge-ram-1500-4x4-650x432.jpg

My build Thread:
http://www.ramforum.com/f17/my_slow_build_thread-23036/

My truck:
photo-3-2.jpg

photo-4-8.jpg

the tires that I have that will be going on later:
33x12.50x20 Federal M/T
photo-6-3.jpg

Last edited:

LoneStar210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm running the same leveling kit for now.

LoneStar210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's a decent kit and rides close to stock. I've had it on my truck for a couple months now. I plan on ordering a RCX lift kit in the near future though, then add 35's.

ATOM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
33's are going to look small on there, 33 is the stock size height. putting the lift on is pretty easy if you loosen the alignment cams, gives you more room. we tried putting it on without doing that and wouldn't go back together. also be careful with the cv coming apart in the inside, my did and i had to get a whole new cv joint. the retainer clip inside was broken, not sure from me or from the factory, but at least i didn't pay the bill for a new one. the rear is way easier with a spring compressor. instructions are not very clear on the rear, the plate goes thru the top of the frame, you probably figured that out already, but maybe not.

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My bolts that sinch up into the front spacers kinda stripped and wouldnt catch. I suggest once you get the upper part of the strut through go ahead and thread the nuts on the bolts while you work with it so they dont come loose or drop back through the holes.
Took me prying down on the control arms and pushing in on the strut to get the lower strut mount to work.
It drives just like stock though. Did some 4x4 0-60 pulls with no vibes.

Heres mine just to give you something to look forward to

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ATOM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
It's only a leveling kit, 33s are pretty damn big, if you get the stock height, but a beefier looking, more aggresive, tread... Like the OP has they will look perfect.

I know ford guys who kill to run 33s stock... Hell some can't run most 33s with just a front level... We run them freaking stock. 35s would be too tucked. IMO Now 35s with a 4 inch lift are perfect, or 6 inch kits with 37s.

you can easily fit 35's on fords with leveling kit and stock rims. it's all about preference. he said he is putting on rims too so it will give it a better stance.

the cinch bolts that RC uses in their kits are a joke. last 2 lifts i installed i swapped them out for bolts, but there ain't enough room to do that with the leveling spacer.

OP
OP
zotes1500

zotes1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
My bolts that sinch up into the front spacers kinda stripped and wouldnt catch. I suggest once you get the upper part of the strut through go ahead and thread the nuts on the bolts while you work with it so they dont come loose or drop back through the holes.
Took me prying down on the control arms and pushing in on the strut to get the lower strut mount to work.
It drives just like stock though. Did some 4x4 0-60 pulls with no vibes.

Heres mine just to give you something to look forward to

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

thats is an awesome stance! and which bolts are you talking about? Cant wait to put them on! but all this talk about cv joins coming out and bolts stripping lol not good. when i had my ford i put on a leveling kit myself. didnt seem too bad. And the 33's i have are going to look perfect in my opinion. I like the thinner + rugged tire look. Esp with just a level/rear spacer

Last edited:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
33's will look great.

OP do you have wheels spacers or aftermarket wheels?

edit: just looked at your slow build thread you are getting xd addicts. I thought you were gong to mount the tires on your stock wheels which won't work without wheel spacers

OP
OP
zotes1500

zotes1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
33's will look great.

OP do you have wheels spacers or aftermarket wheels?

edit: just looked at your slow build thread you are getting xd addicts. I thought you were gong to mount the tires on your stock wheels which won't work without wheel spacers

yeah my brother says just put those on the stockers for now, but i wanna go all out with the aftermarket wheels, on my ford that i used to had i put them on the stockers, but i wanna make the truck look badass. might take a little longer, but it'll be worth the wait IMO. But if i were to put them on stock i would need a 1.5inch spacer right?

ATOM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
1/4" spacers and you will be fine. have same tires but in 35's and running 1/4" spacers and no issues

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The bolts I mentioned are the cinch bolts. You attach your upper part of the strut to the bottom of the spacer then there are 3 bolts that you run through the holes and are supposed to "cinch" with like 35ft/lbs. I did just that but when fishing them through the holes in the upper strut mount that were pushed back out. I ended up black taping them (ghetto) got them through the holes and then put the nut on (loose) while working with the lower strut.

I followed the rough country instructions and didn't experience the issue with the cv shaft coming out. A pry bar was my friend. Get all your torque specs and wrench sizes before hand.

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Lol I've got faith if I could do it, anybody can. Looking forward to some pics!

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Pretty easy installation. Took me and a buddy with a couple of drink breaks about 2 hours to do. What I found to work the easiest was to unbolt the brakes and the upper A arm. That gave me enough room to get the struts back in. Than use a spring compressor for the rear. Here is a pic of mine with the same kit and 285/70/17

2012-08-07_12-49-14_17.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
zotes1500

zotes1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
yeah im thinking itll just take about 2 hrs. just need to get a torque wrench

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
See if you can borrow one from autozone! I used blue loctite as well because I'm paranoid.

OP
OP
zotes1500

zotes1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
UH-OH!!!!
Will hopefully be installed on saturday after my bed gets Line-x
get-attachmentaspx.jpg

Last edited: