Shop never installed rear spacers but charged me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pgr1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
So this is really confusing me and I am unsure what to do and don't want to point fingers without some information first.

So I purchased the readylift sst lift kit which consists of 2.5" front spacers strut spacers and 1.5" rear spacers as well as the beefed up upper control arms. I had these installed at a shop I've never been to before. I had them installed months ago and I paid for all of that.

I recently purchased the front Bilstein adjustable 6112 coilover shocks and fox 2.0 rear shocks and 1" rear spacers for the rear as the fox shocks were only rated for 0-1" of lift in the rear.

I went to have the old spacers removed and the new spacers installed and shocks installed at my preferred shop which has done a lot of work in the past and I trust them. They do mostly German performance I didn't know they did trucks too which is why I didn't use them the first time.

They called me halfway through the day and said "hey there are no spacers on the rear at all". So I asked them to double and triple check and I looked at my original invoice and they were bump stops with strut extensions in the rear and I had them check that too and they said there is nothing back there.

Am I crazy? I thought the rear looked higher after the first shop did it but now I am double guessing myself. Would it be possible for the rear to have the extensions as well as the spacer I just purchased on it and be able to fit the shock? I am not mechanically inclined when it comes to trucks, but is it possible that the shop didn't install them originally? My biggest fear is that my truck may have strut extensions and a rear spacer on it now, but I'm pretty confident my preferred shop knows what they are doing as they removed the front extensions as according to plans.

Someone please help me out I'll take some photos and send them I am just unsure of how the suspension is put together and what to look for.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can you post a pic of your truck after you got it back from shop #1?

OP
OP
pgr1990

pgr1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
This is literally at the shop right when I picked it up

6b7833765c048f78bf894ec631389adb.jpg

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck looks damn near leveled to me, indicating that there is probably no spacer or work done on the rear.
Assume you have a 2.5" factory rake (mine was about 2.75"), then put all that stuff in you should end up with about 1.5" rake. This truck at this angle does not appear to have any rake imo. Seems like you paid for something that may not have happened.

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good looking truck btw! But kinda hard to tell on the rake since its not a straight profile shot of the truck

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There are no spacers in the back of that truck. They screwed you. The good news is that spacers and longer u bolts are cheap.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There are no spacers in the back of that truck. They screwed you. The good news is that spacers and longer u bolts are cheap.

Coming from ready lift I'm sure they weren't cheap. Also these trucks don't have ubolts in the rear since they are coil sprung rear ends. Plus he probably paid for the labor to put them in