Two questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
(2015 QC 4x4) Ordering the blistiens this weekend, going to set them at 2.1.. I'm dead set on swapping out the 20" for some 17x10 XD battalion rims with -24 offset and 35x12.50 Nitto MT. First question is.... Would that be too much offset/will it rub with this combo? I dont like the wheels extending too far out (>2"). Next question is where do you guys recommend getting the rims for the best price? As far as the tires go, I've been buying tires from tirebuyer.com for years and they always have the best price by $100s.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Yes they will rub and yes they will be sticking out over 2". If you want no rubbing and to have them tucked under the truck more you want a 17x9 0 or -12 offset. A 0 offset will be sticking out approximately 1.5" past the fender and you won't have any rubbing issues at all, a -12 offset will be sticking out approximately 2" past the fender and has the potential to rub the plastic fender liner near full lock.

Your best bet is to buy the wheels and tires together. That way they'll come mounted and balanced with TPMS sensors installed and you just have to throw them on the truck. It's typically cheaper to be doing that as well. Give Andrew at Revel Performance a shout at [email protected] and let him know I sent you. He'll get you a quote for exactly what you want. Another place to contact would be Mr. Wheel Deal for a comparison quote.

OP
OP
AustinB

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Whew.. Thank you so much for that information. Would have been an expensive mistake.

OP
OP
AustinB

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I like the fuel vapor wheels, only available in -12 and +1.... Would the +1 offset be a factor vs the 0 offset? Or is 0 the absolute starting point?

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is revel the old bully's?

Essentially, yes. Revel is the new company formed by Andrew who used to be part of Bully's and Randy who's a new partner with Andrew for Revel. Great guys to deal with.

go wide, Noone likes skinny legs..aka Chicken bones

-44 or -76

Offset completely depends on rim width. To state an offset without a rim width is useless and doesn't mean anything. You aren't going to run a 9" or 10" wide wheel with one of those offsets and you aren't going to run 12" wides or 14" wides on a leveling kit with 35's as the OP wants to run.

I like the fuel vapor wheels, only available in -12 and +1.... Would the +1 offset be a factor vs the 0 offset? Or is 0 the absolute starting point?

+1 is essentially a 0 offset. Offset is measured in millimeters so the different there is only 1mm (0.039")

OP
OP
AustinB

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thats good news, and changed my mind on the 17", they don't look proportional with the truck to me, from a distance. So for reassurance, blistiens at 2.1, 20x9 0mm offset, and 35x12.50 nitto trails will fit/no rubbing?

gassersarentdead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Should be good. I had the same wheel/tires with bils @2.8 and didn't rub.

OP
OP
AustinB

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
One more question ;) ... So I've been reading through threads and asking questions, can't find a direct answer. I decided to go with 17x9 0mm with 35x12.5 toyo trail grapplers. I've read that 35" won't fit with 1500s at 2.1... Then I read that 35" will fit with a level?? Is the 2.1 not level? Also 78.1 is the correct hub size for the rims?

This is getting frustrating.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With Nitto Trail Grapplers or Toyo MT's you will want the Bilsteins at 2.8" as they actually measure 13.4" wide when mounted. At 2.1" they will likely rub near full lock.

Yes 78.1mm is correct however most rims will not come with the specific hub size for your truck. You will want to make sure they come with hub rings to make them the proper size.

OP
OP
AustinB

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thank you. So in that case I should also get new control arms and a 1" spacer for the rear? 2015 4x4

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You shouldn't need new control arms. Bilsteins limit the front suspension travel to OEM specs so it won't be extending any further than it did stock and shouldn't pop the ball joint.

The need for a 1" rear spacer is entirely up to you. I'd measure your stock rake to figure out how your truck is sitting now and then determine what you want to do. You could even just do the front first and see how you like it and worry about the rear afterwards. They don't need to be done at the same time.

OP
OP
AustinB

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You shouldn't need new control arms. Bilsteins limit the front suspension travel to OEM specs so it won't be extending any further than it did stock and shouldn't pop the ball joint.

The need for a 1" rear spacer is entirely up to you. I'd measure your stock rake to figure out how your truck is sitting now and then determine what you want to do. You could even just do the front first and see how you like it and worry about the rear afterwards. They don't need to be done at the same time.

It seems like one guy on here with the 2015 had a UCA issue and that pretty much made the new word "anything over 2.1, you need upgraded UCAs" .. My 5100s should be here next week and probably won't get installed until the weekend. If I can absolutely run them at 2.8 with no worry's ... then I'll go ahead and order some 1'' spacers for the rear and do it all at one time. I despise the squat look personally. Any recommendations on rear 1'' spacers...factory shocks should be fine up to an inch correct?

I appreciate the input.