warning bilstines plus level kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boywithatruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
budy at a truck shop just sent me this from his weekly adventers at the truck shop guy came in wanted a level but he already had bilstines up front this is what it looked like on the lift once assembled. that upper ball joint was not happy. looks like im saving for a lift kit instead of any type of level for my truck. nice to know people that work in shops to ask before modifying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L67V1WYE7Q

zVOT5yP.jpg

VMlXa7r.jpg

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Never should someone stack leveling spacers on top of leveling shocks. As in pictures you can see that the ball joint popped but the cv angles are going to horrible

OP
OP
B

boywithatruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
he said he has never tryed it and the guy wanted it done so he was like lets try it out see how it looks or if it works. had to replace the upper control arm and put it back to just the struts no level.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I wouldn't take my truck to that shop common sense should tell you stacking leveling kits wont work... lol

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
When the truck is put back on the ground the angle isn't that bad. Unless or until you start doing major offroading than you need to start worrying about CV/UCA angles.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When the truck is put back on the ground the angle isn't that bad. Unless or until you start doing major offroading than you need to start worrying about CV/UCA angles.

Those bils are at the top setting (2.8"). That's maxed out, any more and your asking for trouble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dbjb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, Sport 2wd
Wonder what another 100lbs of wheel/tire would do to it. Eek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Worst shop ever. I wouldn't bring my car there for an air freshener after that. Who installs a level on a level? I wonder how many body lift spacers I can stack, Ill bet these guys would help me find out.