2015 Sport Mirrors/Tow Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hangac1093

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, I am new to the forum and soon to be new to Ram. My local dealer offered me a crazy good trade in value for my 09' GMC, so I thought why not see what Dodge has to offer. I went and test drove a fully loaded 2014 Laramie and fell in love with it, but I wanted a sport. So we ordered a 2015 Sport with everything. This was 3 weeks ago and 2 weeks into the order process, I don't know how it got over looked, I realized the standard rear end is 3.21 and that was not a good thing. So I contacted them and told them I really need the 3.96 gears, they said ok no problem and it was to late for Ram to change the build, but we will put that truck on the lot and order another with the bigger rear end.

So I am pumped and everything is great, but to just make sure I requested a copy of the build sheet last week to make sure all was the way I wanted it. I got the copy today and low and behold it was not right. I guess when the new car manager placed the build, he saw I wanted the Trailer Brake control and the receiver hitch. So he just selected the Trailer Tow Mirrors & Brake Group. Kind of made sense, but I do not want tow mirrors. The sport mirrors which are color matched, auto dimming, and power folding are so much nicer.

So now after addressing this with them today this is their solution. They say when both trucks arrive, they will take the sport mirrors and door controls off the first truck and put it all in the truck with the 3.96 rear end. Does this sound like it will work? The Sport comes standard with Power Folding,Heated,Auto Dimming mirrors, the two features I want most besides the nice looks of these mirrors, is the Power Fold and the Auto Dimming, which the tow mirrors do not have.

They didn't really go into it with me, they just said they will swap everything to make it 100% correct. I guess what I am trying to figure out, is if Power Folding,Auto Dimming,Heated Mirrors are all standard on the Sport, does that mean all the wiring is there and just not used when you choose tow mirrors, so when you swap the door controls and mirrors over it is just plug and play?

Sorry for the long winded post, I'm just looking for a little piece of mind which I didn't really get tonight when I talked with them. It a little aggravating considering this is a $52000 truck.

MyOhFive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
They didn't really go into it with me, they just said they will swap everything to make it 100% correct. I guess what I am trying to figure out, is if Power Folding,Auto Dimming,Heated Mirrors are all standard on the Sport, does that mean all the wiring is there and just not used when you choose tow mirrors, so when you swap the door controls and mirrors over it is just plug and play

This.

They'll need to swap the switch panel too so you have the power fold option. It should work just fine. I would just go over your door paint and interior panels with a fine tooth comb on deliver to make sure theirs no damage. I rarely buy dealer installed options because the tech doesn't care about my truck like I care about my truck.

FYI unless there was a change, the gears are 3.92, not 3.96

OP
OP
hangac1093

hangac1093

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the reply. Yes the gears are 3.92, my bad. The switch panel is the controls in the door, correct?

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Correct, sounds like you have a good dealer with knowledge, mine just says it cant be done, while we all know it can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Most dealers wouldn't do the switch for you. Most won't even let you swap wheels and tires out. Who told you they would the sales manager or salesman. I would check with the service dept. I've seen too many times where the front office says oh we can do that. Then the service dept says no.

Kenny kustom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
When I was a tech at ford (ew)
We were always swapping mirrors tires and rims.
Stupid salesmen

OP
OP
hangac1093

hangac1093

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They have been great to me so far. I really like the salesman I am dealing with, and that option came from the Sales Manager. After all he is the one who screwed up the mirrors in the first place. This is on them. But they both say "you are buying a $50k truck, you need to be happy with it". I hope so. Also how can I tell which rear end is in the truck, when I see them? I want to make sure the one I get has the correct gears.

shaftman_05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Getting any dealer to push a sales code is a disaster... none by me seem smart enough...

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also how can I tell which rear end is in the truck, when I see them? I want to make sure the one I get has the correct gears.

Crawl under the back of the truck. There will be a tag stuck on the rear.

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Since you don't have the truck. Run the vin # there is a site that will show you what it has. I don't have the link sure it's in here somewhere.

Big D Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
na
Engine
na
Since you don't have the truck. Run the vin # there is a site that will show you what it has. I don't have the link sure it's in here somewhere.

http://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=<PLACE VIN HERE>

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I'm not sure if it is confirmed but rumor has it the tow mirrors will have the power fold option for 2015 witch would make the swap that much easier, the swap can be done.

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm not sure if it is confirmed but rumor has it the tow mirrors will have the power fold option for 2015 witch would make the swap that much easier, the swap can be done.

you can already get powerfold tow's aftermarket, I was under the impression that loaded 25-3500 models could already get them also?

wynnv

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodge Ram Limited
Engine
They have been great to me so far. I really like the salesman I am dealing with, and that option came from the Sales Manager. After all he is the one who screwed up the mirrors in the first place. This is on them. But they both say "you are buying a $50k truck, you need to be happy with it". I hope so. Also how can I tell which rear end is in the truck, when I see them? I want to make sure the one I get has the correct gears.

Consider yourself fortunate. My dealer said you are buying a $50k truck...we want to charge you $2k more to swap the mirrors.

OP
OP
hangac1093

hangac1093

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Consider yourself fortunate. My dealer said you are buying a $50k truck...we want to charge you $2k more to swap the mirrors.

That's rough, I talked to him again today and he said "I assure you, I will take care of the mirrors". All I can do now is wait and see how it plays out.

Mbarclay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Power fold tow mirrors are only on the 15 2500/3500's no idea why they wouldn't on the 1500. Looked at a 2500 big horn and the power fold tow mirrors are sweet!