Aftermarket puddle lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisc75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
driverside puddle lamp is starting to flicker on my 2012 sport (non tow mirror)
dealer wants $125 for the part but honestly wasnt happy with how they lit up to begin with. once i did all y led conversions the warm yellow tint light sticks out like a sore thumb. was wondering if anyone has a aftermarket bulb out there for these? not sure how it is but was wondering if i could just use the glass as a housing and run a led strip in there and wire into the harness

jljbtm

Reaction score
Oohh ya I need one of those also but i didnt know they cost $125

Sent from my Samsung Note 4

OP
OP
C

chrisc75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
yeah for the lighting output it puts out i really rather find an alternative

OP
OP
C

chrisc75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i was thinking something along the lines of a strip. man thing is idk if the housing is seperate from the light or is it all one assembly

I installed these originally in my footwells but ended up taking them out because they were too bright lol

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-light-modules/small-wired-led-accent-light/1141/

They're weatherproof and if you were able to get them into the housings they would probably work pretty well I would think.

jcarden10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i was thinking something along the lines of a strip. man thing is idk if the housing is seperate from the light or is it all one assembly

Check out this post. It has directions to get to the puddle lamp.

Also, this video shows how to remove the mirror glass. The guy in the video said he broke the bottom tabs off, but I believe once you pull the top out you should be able to lift up on the glass and slide it out, so you can re-use the glass.

jcarden10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
C

chrisc75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i actually meant in the puddle light housing itself. .im wondering if i can pull the leds out and its just be a blank housing to where i can fit a led strip in there

41az%2BEhTqFL.jpg

Check out this post. It has directions to get to the puddle lamp.

Also, this video shows how to remove the mirror glass. The guy in the video said he broke the bottom tabs off, but I believe once you pull the top out you should be able to lift up on the glass and slide it out, so you can re-use the glass.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i actually meant in the puddle light housing itself. .im wondering if i can pull the leds out and its just be a blank housing to where i can fit a led strip in there

41az%2BEhTqFL.jpg

Is the picture above what the non tow puddle lights look like???

jcarden10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7

41az%2BEhTqFL.jpg

I found this post in the DIY section. The guy has the lamp assembly popped apart in the last picture, so you should be able to do exactly what you're thinking.

OP
OP
C

chrisc75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
yes that helped! i just messaged him to ask if he remeber how many wires were coming into the puddle lamp assemble. i figured the turn signal and puddle lamps would be on separate connectors but going by that picture theres all together

I found this post in the DIY section. The guy has the lamp assembly popped apart in the last picture, so you should be able to do exactly what you're thinking.

jljbtm

Reaction score
I have the tow mirrors on mine and my dealer man said there are about 20 bucks each to replace. Mopar brand

OP
OP
C

chrisc75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
yeah the tow mirrors puddle lights are alot cheaper

I have the tow mirrors on mine and my dealer man said there are about 20 bucks each to replace. Mopar brand

RocketFoot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am looking for a drivers side lamp module also...68064949AA

Mine has a few white LEDs burned out and 1 rear facing yellow LED out. I really don't want to pay $90+ for one!