Anyone make there own projector headlight harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

210CUSTOMDODGE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a set of projectors headed my way. I'm gonna need a harness and wanna see if anyone has made there own and if there is a post on it, I can't find. I've seen them with retroshop... just want to see what else is out there.... Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
someone had made a DIY for this a few years ago, before the retroshop harness was available. problem is that by the time you source all the connectors, pins, etc to make your own, and the fact that a lot of these electrical part companies have minimum order requirements on parts, your not saving much money and its not feasible to make only 1 set. retroshops harness isnt exactly cheap, but its a quality piece and its a lot nicer then anything i would have put together. its worth the purchase.

Last edited:
OP
OP
210CUSTOMDODGE

210CUSTOMDODGE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I can get pig tails for the harness.... that's not a problem I work at a dodge dealer bodyshop

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I can get pig tails for the harness.... that's not a problem I work at a dodge dealer bodyshop

You can just look at the Retroshop harness photos and match up the wiring.

• 2012 Ram 1500 RCSB Hemi • 22" SRT-10 Wheels Plastidipped Black w/ Bridgestone Tires • Smoked Taillights • Custom Quad Headlights • Opt-7 FluxBeam-X 6000k LED Lows • MicTuning 6000k LED Fogs • K&N 63 Series CAI • Flowmasters Muffler • Line-X Bed • OEM Black Badges All Around • 20% Tint All Around • Lund Tri-Fold Tonneau + plenty more coming soon...

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I bought all the parts, but ended up swapping in a full OEM front end harness setup for projectors.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I made my own and did a write up on it well before the harnesses were available. I can tell you that the cost of the harnesses is well worth the money. If you can get the sockets for less than $50 a side it'll be worth doing it, but that'll be hard to do since you need 2 of the 14-pin, and 4 of the 3-pin connectors. Price have probably come down quite a bit since I was building my harnesses but back then I was costing me $120/side and I could get parts at cost from my brother.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
I bought all the parts, but ended up swapping in a full OEM front end harness setup for projectors.

Nice...do You have a part # for said harness?

WiSH2oo0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4wd RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are the connectors different on the quads then on the projectors? If not why can you use the existing connector and just wire in longer pig tails to add-on resistors?

OP
OP
210CUSTOMDODGE

210CUSTOMDODGE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Are the connectors different on the quads then on the projectors? If not why can you use the existing connector and just wire in longer pig tails to add-on resistors?
Yes.... pigtail from the quad headlights and the projector headlights are different

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk