Quad to OEM Projector DIY Harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hystyn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I picked up a set of 2013+ projectors from a buddy who upgraded to aftermarkets about a month ago. My truck is a 2012 with quads, and for the past 2 days ive been working on a DIY harness to convert over to the projectors but have reached a standoff between myself and the lowbeam/highbeam.

Everything works fine with the turn signal and markers, but the main headlights are killing me. Off of the truck, its a 3 wire plug, | Ground | Lowbeam + | Highbeam + |
If I run 12v to the lowbeam, it works fine. turns on, adequate light output, etc.
If I run 12v to the highbeam, it powers the lowbeam and highbeam simultaneously but at very low power, pathetic light output.
If I run both pins to the truck, and start with lowbeams, that works fine- but if i hit the headlight switch to highbeams, nothing changes. Swapping back and forth between lowbeam and lowbeam+highbeam, nothing. It just stays as lowbeam, if the lowbeam pin has 12v.

I called Jeremy at retroshop and not even he can make sense of it within the 5 min phone call. He said "Our harness just passes through the lowbeam and highbeam connections." And to my knowledge that's EXACTLY what I'm doing.
Ive worked with the low beam shutter as well, jumpered the connection from the high beam as he does in his harness, and no avail.
When theres 12v just to the highbeams and i add 12v to the shutter, no sound or change.
12v to just the lowbeams, add 12v to shutter, light sound no chance in appearance.
12v just to the shutter, no power anywhere else, i can hear the shutter working but cant tell if anything changed with appearance because theres no light being emitted.

At this point I wish I just bought the harness because im banging my head against the wall just completely confused at this point, but I already bought the 14 pin pigtails.

Hystyn

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks like you are missing some wires for the turn signal and parking lights.

A diagram of what you have or a picture(s) sure would help.

Here is a OEM wiring diagram for the Gen 4 OEM projector lamps

Attachments

• Headlight wiring.jpg
    Headlight wiring.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you sure your ground is a good ground capable of carrying the current?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat