Aww ****.. Need rock rails and rust prevention

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tradryan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like to do some trail driving and the ram seems to be great at having paint proud of the bottom surface along the rails. I picked up a couple of good dings. I also live at the beach so there's surface rust in the first three days. What's the best rust fix technique? Scuff it and go white rustoleum? I have a white laramie that I got used to use (not ultra white, the "pearl"...). I don't have this issue in other trucks, why the undercarriage body work???

:superhack:

I know, I know, I need to get some pics up. It's too close to stock still to be worth it.

Any good low profile rock rails? Not steps. I need all the clearance I got..

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Pick up a couple sticks of 1.5" .120 dom.. have some made and welded to the frame.

There's nothing fancy about sliders.
d387409fd0f83cd93fd1c126d31f4bda.jpg

Or measure and find some already made for trucks that actually have aftermarket support.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are a million ways to go about this.... are you handy with a welder and steel??? do you want round tube, square edge, flat against the rocker?

Austin, Are them many who make actual rock rails for Rams?

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
There are a million ways to go about this.... are you handy with a welder and steel??? do you want round tube, square edge, flat against the rocker?

Austin, Are them many who make actual rock rails for Rams?
Never looked, but I doubt it.

Trailgear has diy sliders.. just need to measure desired length and give them a call. Priced very reasonably too.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Never looked, but I doubt it.

Trailgear has diy sliders.. just need to measure desired length and give them a call. Priced very reasonably too.

That good to know and keep in the memory bank... I didn't think anyone did. seems like the jeep guys get all the good stuff,,, the rest of us are left to make it on our own.

Kinda why I wondered what I he is looking for exactly

OP
OP
T

tradryan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome, thank you for the trailgear recommendation. I will check it out. My neighbor may be into building something also.

And ya'll are right about the lack of options. There is nothin'! I still like how it drives though.

I figured out the paint stuff - I guess it is just bright white as the name. I park between a white tundra and white hyundai at work though and it's definitely different from a typical auto bright white. Those two cars match and are brighter. I found a color matched rattle can for the ram though.

There's a Rebel wheel set on craigslist I may have to pick up this weekend. The boss is going to kill me. I'll get some pictures up once it looks not-stock.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990