Bakflip with Adarac system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thaylin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been looking at getting the Bakflip HD Tonneau cover, but I also need a rack system but I prefer the Adarac system over the Bakflip CS racks. My question is, does anyone know if there is going to be any obstruction with opening the tonneau cover with the Adarac racks in place?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ramdude916

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the HD and also considering the Adarac to carry a kayak. I don't recall where I read it but one reviewer stated that it does hit but was able to open by opening the middle panel then sliding like an accordion. I have to make a decision soon myself and considering a roof mount for ease of loading. Looking forward to hearing from those who have this setup as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramdude916

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can now answer that question. Just installed one yesterday so I could pick up my kayak.

Not easily. I haven't been able to yet but I'm sure it's possible with some playing around. It's definitely not ideal but I love love this rack! So solid and it looks bad ass on my truck. You can raise the back lid partially. Luckily I have no need to open it fully very often. I'll probably take it off when we camp anyway so I can pile all the gear. I'll also take off the rear posts when I'm not planning to carry the yak. It will unbolt in minutes.

For those that have a roll up cover, I highly recommend it. If u have a backflip don't if you'll be accessing the entire bed frequently.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392584841.431996.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392584862.732791.jpg

DTruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
ramdude916, hoping you could give an update on how this combination is working for you. I'm considering going with the Adarac and already have a Bakflip VP. Have you gotten the Bakflip open, open all the way, etc? My main question is is this a workable solution in your opinion for someone who will generally leave the Bakflip in place when the Adarac is on and need to be able to open the cover regularly?

Any pictures you could post of how the Bakflip opens (or doesn't :) with the Adarac on would be great.

Thanks for your help!

ramdude916

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just saw this post. I can't flip the the first panel with the Adarac on, even like an accordion. I tried forcing it and ripped one of the rubber seals slightly. Still love the rack for my kayak. Just don't expect to open your tonneau. On the bright side it's really easy to remove the back rack and the rails looks cool left on.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402184416.352655.jpg