BFG KO2 help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all,
I put some KO2s on my truck around December. I went with 275 65 20s. The truck also has a leveling kit installed. The question I have is does anyone experience these tires to be sliperry in the rain? I know that sounds pretty funny since RAIN IS WET but let me explain. When going on an on ramp, they almost sound like they are slipping and then if I press on the brakes, I feel ABS slightly kicking in. Could it be the tire wet polish doing this? Do these tires normally do this in the rain? It seems to be doing this most when the ground is just wet, I know the ground is more slippery at the beginning stages of rain or drizzle so I have been telling myself that is what it is but now I wanted to reach out and see if anyone had similar experiences.
Thanks in advance for the replies and help!

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all,
I put some KO2s on my truck around December. I went with 275 65 20s. The truck also has a leveling kit installed. The question I have is does anyone experience these tires to be sliperry in the rain? I know that sounds pretty funny since RAIN IS WET but let me explain. When going on an on ramp, they almost sound like they are slipping and then if I press on the brakes, I feel ABS slightly kicking in. Could it be the tire wet polish doing this? Do these tires normally do this in the rain? It seems to be doing this most when the ground is just wet, I know the ground is more slippery at the beginning stages of rain or drizzle so I have been telling myself that is what it is but now I wanted to reach out and see if anyone had similar experiences.
I never had any issues with them on my Jeep. You're not putting tire shine on the tread, are you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
NOcasio7

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I never had any issues with them on my Jeep. You're not putting tire shine on the tread, are you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I put them on my sidewall but my thought process was maybe they drip onto the threads which isnt too likely.

Rken1288

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Mine are grippy, but I don't use tire shine. Live off a dirt road.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Mine are grippy. I've never tested tire shine on the treads though. That would make them a bit slick for a small period of time.

anthony2558

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had them on my f150. They were a little slippery compared to the stock Wrangler adventure A/T's. K02's have a deeper lug pattern then your normal A/T tire. It seemed to diminish after couple thousand miles.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

LVnight1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all,

Can you post a pic of your truck? I have the same setup as you, but can't decide between 275/65 or 295/60. Thanks!!

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you do a google search "BFG KO2 slippery in rain" there are a few reviews of people complaining about the same issue you've mentioned.

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had them on my last vehicle, an SUV. Great tire, never had an issue.

blue_bandit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Could it be the fact that they are 10 ply? They have a harder compound which could contribute to a slippery feeling in a half ton truck...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I've had many friends say these tires suck in the rain. I don't think I'll ever run these tires again with all the negative experiences with PERSONAL and close friends.

My father in law had a fleet of over 100 trucks get new tires after about 15 of them all had blow outs due to tire separation. Any weight on these tires make the just flat out suck.

2500 guys don't like the cause they are soft and cause issues with wobble.

Google it and read all about them.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I had a set for over 60k and Never had one problem with them.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
No problems here I can spin the tires sure but kind of expected with 4.56 gears and rain. They do well in the turns and don't scare me at all.

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
No issues. On,y way I can get the tires to break loose is to peg it at low speeds in the wet but not under heavy acceleration or highway speed.