Quick help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbowers391

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok I already made post over in engine & performance but I need some quicker help if anyone can.

Long story short I’m putting these parts in my 2013 ram 5.7 hemi. BTR guy said I needed to take it to a tuner, but I’m having a hard time finding mopar tuner reasonably nearby I’m central Florida. BTR recommended a tuner in Orlando, but they say they don’t do hemi’s now.

Question #1 - is it necessary to get this thing on a dyno once I finish up? Or did I misunderstand and I could just get someone to send me a tune?

Question #2 - if I have to take to dyno, anyone know where I can find a dyno tuner in central Florida that can handle hemi’s? I seem to be striking out.

Attached my parts order. BTR stage 1 cam, hellcat lifters, springs, oil pump, etc.

Attachments

• BTR order.pdf
    59.6 KB · Views: 5

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Ok I already made post over in engine & performance but I need some quicker help if anyone can.

Long story short I’m putting these parts in my 2013 ram 5.7 hemi. BTR guy said I needed to take it to a tuner, but I’m having a hard time finding mopar tuner reasonably nearby I’m central Florida. BTR recommended a tuner in Orlando, but they say they don’t do hemi’s now.

Question #1 - is it necessary to get this thing on a dyno once I finish up? Or did I misunderstand and I could just get someone to send me a tune?

Question #2 - if I have to take to dyno, anyone know where I can find a dyno tuner in central Florida that can handle hemi’s? I seem to be striking out.

Attached my parts order. BTR stage 1 cam, hellcat lifters, springs, oil pump, etc.
If your connection at BTR is Matt Brown,see what he reconmends.Matt still does some tuning on the side,and used to do remote tuning,using HP.
If you're not a member of Tuned Rams or High Performance Rams on facebook,might be worth while joining both,and see if you get more reconmendations for a tuner local to you,that specializes in the hemi platform

OP
OP
T

tbowers391

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
canned tunes work

custom tunes work better
it is that simple

you say you're in florida?
talk to @AMP4X4 ,hes out in pompona beach
Ok canned might be good enough for me, at least right now I guess.

Not really trying to race the thing. Just ended up with the ol sticking lifter so had to replace lifter and cams. I figured while I was replacing things I might as well try to get some benefit like more torque for pulling trailer and maybe overall efficiency improves fuel economy.

Pompano is a good 185 miles away :blah:

Closer would be nicer, especially since I’m not in a great position to have it hauled currently if I can avoid it. Would it be super detrimental to it driving it that far? Or just not ideal because it won’t run it’s best, but likely not damage anything?

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
it makes sense to me, if you're in there anyway, might as well do the ole RV cam swap

i cant imagine it would hurt anything to run it with the stock tune in it (i mean, think about it, ma mopar tuned it before she send it out, and the basics are still the same)

but id wait for Chris to get back to us
he may even have a used PCM he could sell you and tune for you (if you dont want to make the drive)

then you would have it ready to go when the bumpstick goes in

AMP4X4

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I can help with a remote tune, No canned tune will work with a aftermarket camshaft, if you have access to a dyno or have an A/F gauge and a long stretch of road would be just as good if not better then a dyno.