Black emblems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm wanting to swap out my chrome emblems and replace them with black ones. Where is everybody getting theirs at? I've looked and seem to find a mix of gloss and flat black ones and wonder if it'd look strange to mix them on the same truck. I don't think I've found a flat set for the front and rear ram head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
The oem ones are a mix of gloss and black which I would have thought they would have made them match

I got most of mine on eBay but made sure I was getting real oem badges.

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm wanting to swap out my chrome emblems and replace them with black ones. Where is everybody getting theirs at? I've looked and seem to find a mix of gloss and flat black ones and wonder if it'd look strange to mix them on the same truck. I don't think I've found a flat set for the front and rear ram head.

I dont think they make the front and rear in flat fyi.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not a wanted thread

I have a set of flat ram 1500 for the sides I decided not to put on if you want em.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mudder

Mudder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll let you know if I decide to do the flat ones. Still torn but I guess if they don't match stock then it shouldn't be a big deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ocwill1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I had the stock black badges on my 2500, the ram head are gloss, the rest are flat. So they are a mix....

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One word, Plastidip.

$7 a can you can do both emblems (and then some) without removing them from your truck and they look awesome. YouTube has a bunch of videos how to do it correctly so you don't have to spend an arm and a leg for new ones and they have a multitude of colors to choose from. I prefer the standard flat black though on my Granite Crystal Pearl 1500.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I'm not againt plasti dip by any means. I have used it multiple times, but when it comes to waxing the truck the oem black badges will much easier to get the wax off them - not so much with plasti dip.

the badges were plastidipped on my 2011, which is why i got the actual black badges for this truck.

also sooner or later someone will post in this thread and say just debadge the truck.....but not everybody likes the look of a debadged truck lol

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Agreed.

Using plastidip means going into it with an understanding and what to expect.

I've used it extensively as some may know and still, I've found myself irate because some things have turned out like booty lol

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I recommend Ebay too if you want the OEM emblems. Plasti-Dip is fine too, just depends on your own personal preferences. It's really not that hard to remove the stock emblems and replace them.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
i got OEM gloss black grill and tailgate badges off ebay, the reason they dont make the door ones glossy is when the black edition was originally introduced it came from the dealer with no door emblems, later on ram decided to dumb down the truck and remove the gloss wheels projector heads and LED tails and change them out with matte wheels regular tails black quads and matte black door emblems to match the wheels, so you wont find gloss black emblems from the factory for the doors personally i say debadge the truck, it just looks cleaner IMO, but at the same time some prefer the emblems, on the doors, i have a set of OEM "ram 1500" in matte black door emblems are just laying around and never used if you are interested

OP
OP
Mudder

Mudder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are they the stacked emblems or all in a line? I might be interested.

I went the debadge route on my 11 as I just thought it was fitting for my theme. This go around I'm gonna have a black/white theme so I think the emblems will add to that. I'm not a huge fan of the plastidip. Not that it doesn't have its uses but it's just not for me.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why not just paint them to your desired color and sheen? Rattle can and some double sided tape is cheap...

I didn't notice but what color is your truck? You can always paint the hemi side badge black as you want but paint the 5.7 liter text to match body color.
Also I believe illicit customs sells custom painted badges if you don't want to go the paint yourself route.

Woody1

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The oem ones are a mix of gloss and black which I would have thought they would have made them match

I got most of mine on eBay but made sure I was getting real oem badges.
What seller did you use/how were you sure they were OEM?